Match Thread: Bournemouth v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Ok, we are losing 1-0 to a newly promoted team that have a problematic defence and we haven’t looked like scoring.  Is that enough perspective?

"The whipping boys of the league," according to their own manager.

8 minutes ago, grobs said:

Think we all need to calm down a bit. Liverpool fans aren’t all crying after they dropped points

The thing is, for Liverpool, playing crap and dropping points against a relatively poor team is an aberration. For us it would be a continuation.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Also as i said when the game was getting started the lack of height is telling. This is a problem we are losing everything.  At least mings gives us some height ffs.

We are about even in duels and headers, but they are out-tackling us in numbers with 11 to our 5 after the first half. So we aren't really losing everything.

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Don't think for a team that has top 7 aspirations that beating a newly promoted side and starting the season with some momentum isn't must win? 

Desirable of course, but must is s bit premature. 

Just now, bobzy said:

We're offering nothing with set pieces - and we've actually had a good amount.

As I say, though, as bad as we've been, Bournemouth have played well.

I agree. We had enough set pieces to at least get some efforts and cause some problems but we have caused veey few issues and they do looks a bit vulnerable 

Scott Parker himself said before the game that Bournemouth were not a PL Calibre team and were in a worse position than when they got promoted due to injuries.

What do Villa do concede against them after 2 minutes.

laugh-mock.gif

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

**** me I be really started to hate this place now and the self entitled bunch of moaning supposed football experts  who love nothing better than moan and criticise at the earliest point and almost want Gerrard to fail so they can proved right than their beloved smith was wronged … Get some perspective

Dude this is just shite to watch. That's all.

Just now, bobzy said:

Possession:

Bournemouth 35% - Villa 65%

It's what people wanted!  Sack off the risky passing, just become a possession side.  Don't understand the moaning.

Difference between not playing stupid risky passes that have low expected value and not even trying to get to the by lines to cut it bakc or playing with any tempo whatsoever like we have so far. 

6 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Half time, can't see anything different from the poor play from last season.

Ponderous laboured slo mo football for 95% of the time, trying to play tight to the left and losing it 90% of the time.

Ramsey and mcginn is not working in this game, Ramsey off at half time please for doug as sansom seems to be ignored.

We aren't keeping the ball up the pitch the passes from defence are slow so kamara can't do his job effectively.

Every pass to cash is behind him meaning he doesn't run onto the ball, he checks back, it goes to konsa who 99.999% gives it to Carlos who flicks it out to digne, he then passes back to Carlos who tries a long ball and we lose it.

Lost count of the amount of times that's happened.

We tried rubbish like that in preseason and got found out by lower league teams. Not sure why they thought repeatedly doing it in a Premier game would get any better results ?

Either play through balls or someone's going to need to beat a man because aimlessly hoofing into the box will gwt us nothing.

Big phil also needs to stop slowing down play, it needs doing sometimes, not every single time.

We are a good fooball team when no ones near us.

Just now, daft said:

We are about even in duels and headers, but they are out-tackling us in numbers with 11 to our 5 after the first half. So we aren't really losing everything.

If you look at all the attacks in their box we have won hardly any. 

I think it's difficult not to have an emotional reaction to that first 45 minutes - we're coming into a season playing the worst team in the league, full of hope and positivity, looking at chasing 7th place and then...that. 

Buendia on for Ramsey.

4-1-1-3-1 it is then.