Match Thread: Bournemouth v Villa

limpid

That 45mins was utter rubbish, giving McGinn the armband will cost him his job if he continues to play him, there is no style to this football just like last season it’s painful to watch 

3 minutes ago, grobs said:

Think we all need to calm down a bit. Liverpool fans aren’t all crying after they dropped points

Fulham were superb. Also spent millions.

Bournemouth have been complete shite with a Championship squad.

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

If we want top half you ditn think beating a newly promoted side isn't necessary? 

The league isn't that linear 

If you lose to Bournemouth then you need to pick up points somewhere else, we will / should have at least 1 unexpected win during the season which will balance it out 

It is a shit start though 

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

My McGinn fears have already manifested.

Gerrard has tied his own hands now with it. McGinn to be the first name on the team sheet come Hell or high water.

SG insisted that the title doesn't guarantee a spot...  hopefully he backs that up.  If the form isn't there, it shouldn't matter if you've been given the armband...  however, if the newly appointed captain now rarely starts, that would definitely be some egg on his face.  My optimism and excitement has been really crushed after 45 minutes, haha....  really hoping we have a great second half and get a result

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Ings off for Watkins

Coutinho off for Buendia

McGinn off for Luiz 

Ings hasnt been bad has looked dangerous.

Id get emi on for coutinho 

Luiz for JJ

JJs been dreadful. Should not be starting next week after this performance. 

5 minutes ago, villan501 said:

Perfect for sanson to take control and keep the ball and advance play..............

Oh he's not on the bench well played Steve.

It's just absolutely bizarre. I mean the odd decision here and there that you disagree with, that's natural, but when most of his decisions seem to be affecting the team negatively, it's very worrying.

I'm sure it all looks great in training, but we look shit under pressure. It's been like this for years. We need too much time to do anything. The whole team is ponderous.

We ain't going anywhere at the moment. The subs changed the game pre-season, Gerrard needs to show some balls and play them from the start, kids or otherwise.

We have no **** drive or desire.

Cack.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Ings hasnt been bad has looked dangerous.

Id get emi on for coutinho 

Luiz for JJ

JJs been dreadful. Should not be starting next week after this performance. 

This is probably right.