Villa Podcasts & The Athletic Coverage

HalfTimePost

27 minutes ago, Indigo said:

22 years old though. Irritatingly young.

couldn't believe how young he is when he appeared on the recent pod. writes very well and a big upgrade on what we've had historically

• Like 2

I really like the Claret and Blue podcast, think it’s got better recently too (I can liked it before anyway), IMO it’s now hands down the best out there. It really comes across as a professional outfit, proper journos with links to club and they’re all proper fans too. The new lad John Townley also provides a lot of decent insight which was maybe missing a bit before. 

• Like 3

I kept meaning to come here to say I'm really enjoy The Athletic coverage now and I say that as someone who didn't mind Gregg Evans as much as some. I actually like that Tanswell isn't a Villa fan as it gives an outside perspective and his articles have been well researched and more analytical so far. It's also nice that he genuinely seems to be happy when Villa do well, which is definiteoy something you couldn't say for Evans.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, djdabush said:

I kept meaning to come here to say I'm really enjoy The Athletic coverage now and I say that as someone who didn't mind Gregg Evans as much as some. I actually like that Tanswell isn't a Villa fan as it gives an outside perspective and his articles have been well researched and more analytical so far. It's also nice that he genuinely seems to be happy when Villa do well, which is definiteoy something you couldn't say for Evans.

On The Athletic do they cover Rugby as well? 

Seriously, why is Evans still doing a Villa podcast? What's wrong with him? Why still cover a club he dislikes so much.

He'll get serious stick from Liverpool fans if he tries the same BS he did covering Villa. He should be careful.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Seriously, why is Evans still doing a Villa podcast? What's wrong with him? Why still cover a club he dislikes so much.

He'll get serious stick from Liverpool fans if he tries the same BS he did covering Villa. He should be careful.

The simple answer is him and Dan are really good friends i think and i think Gregg has helped Dan with opportunities. The only thing that annoys me is when they try and say they knew about something that happened but didn't mention it as a way to big Gregg up. If you dont mention it, dont act like you knew. It annoys me no end. 

28 minutes ago, Oaks said:

The simple answer is him and Dan are really good friends i think and i think Gregg has helped Dan with opportunities. The only thing that annoys me is when they try and say they knew about something that happened but didn't mention it as a way to big Gregg up. If you dont mention it, dont act like you knew. It annoys me no end. 

Yeah. It's well funny, he always did that. "I know that this has been in the works for some time" etc. Not a single mention in the months of reporting before though? Sure you knew.

I have no clue why Evans would want to do it though? That's what's weird about it.

6 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

This fella seems an upgrade on Gregg evans already 

Light years ahead of Evans. I still can’t believe how poor Evans’ writing is for a senior writer.  Always a chore to read his pieces. 

• Like 2

On 29/08/2023 at 00:02, Jas10 said:

If there’s still anyone unaware of this one… seriously, you’re missing out and you won’t get anywhere near as good a laugh anywhere else:

Haven't missed one, even when we lose I listen great pod & have me in stitches. If anybody hasn't listened to this pod it's a must listen highly recommended 👌 

48 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Haven't missed one, even when we lose I listen great pod & have me in stitches. If anybody hasn't listened to this pod it's a must listen highly recommended 👌 

Easily the most entertaining and hilarious! Crazy the stuff they come out with 😂 But it’s also very accurate!

57 minutes ago, Frodo said:

The Maguire stuff is so funny too 😂

”I’ve been letting you down, down” 🎶 

“Cos I made a stupid mistake…a stupid mistaaaaake” 🎶

😂

”Harry Maguire! He’s really shit!”

Calling out Gary Neville for his insane remarks!

Showing up Pep for what he really is…

The Tindall stuff is spot on! 😂

And all the Villa related stuff too of course!!

But even they’re enjoying how well we play under Unai! 😂

Noticed they’ve laid off the “Doggy Luiz” stuff recently and properly praising him 😆

Big fans of McGinn’s arse, the delicious but deadly Berty T burger! 😂

Always look forward to it and enjoy it thoroughly! 😆

Edited by Jas10

Just now, Jas10 said:

The Maguire stuff is so funny too 😂

”I’ve been letting you down, down” 🎶 

“Cos I made a stupid mistake…a stupid mistaaaaake” 🎶

😂

”Harry Maguire! He’s really shit!”

Calling out Gary Neville for his insane remarks!

Showing up Pep for what he really is…

And all the Villa related stuff too 😂

But even they’re enjoying how well we play under Unai! 😂

Noticed they’ve laid off the “Doggy Luiz” stuff recently and properly praising him 😆

Always look forward to it and enjoy it thoroughly! 😆

Yes brilliant 👏 🤣 refers to Newcastle as Saudi Arabia 🤣🤣 just brilliant 

33 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Yes brilliant 👏🤣 refers to Newcastle as Saudi Arabia 🤣🤣 just brilliant 

They deserve some kind of award 😂😂😂

Just so naturally funny!

Could cut down on or curb the swearing though 😂

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Â