Villa Podcasts & The Athletic Coverage

HalfTimePost

On 30/04/2024 at 19:47, Zatman said:

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I think specific club podcasts are more interesting when the team is struggling

Only so many times you can hear how great Unai is

Pretty much. I've stopped listening to them all now , it's so much more fun listening to people lose their shit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been privy to the work that's gone on in the background and Dan combo just works. So well written and performed and so well put together. And the music is perfect. Legit one of the best bits of Villa content and made me quite emotional watching it 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, omariqy said:

Been privy to the work that's gone on in the background and Dan combo just works. So well written and performed and so well put together. And the music is perfect. Legit one of the best bits of Villa content and made me quite emotional watching it 

Any clue who actually wrote the bars?

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, omariqy said:

Damn watching this on Sunday morning whilst feeling a bit delicate with some grit in my eye

Edited by Follyfoot

Put it this way, I felt more watching this than that ‘Under The Skin’ doco

both totally different expressions and takes on our recent story. Yet, both were trying to get to the same feelings of pride and passion for Villa. Where’s ‘Under The Skin’ was flashier, and had all the people in it, it failed to tickle any emotions out of me. As of Dan’s Video, It totally filled me with pride and a great reminder of how far Villa has come in 5 years. 

Well done Dan, shades of Benjamin Zephaniah with this video 

• Like 3

Re: The Claret & Blue Pod, I think Townley in an improvement on Preece, but they do have one thing in common, which is a slightly nervous compulsion to keep talking and explaining something when the point has been made and it's time to move on to a new topic. Dan needs to do a better job of reeling him in and keeping things moving. I love Kendrick, but sometimes his mind goes on leisurely strolls through garden mazes when you just want them to keep things snappy.

In general, there's a balance to be struck in terms of how often to release new content. Lately, C&B seem to be overdoing it and putting out some fluffy stuff. Whereas MOMS will go dark for 10 days at a stretch, to the point where I forget they even have a podcast.

FTLOPM seems to strike this balance best. Timely pre and post-match shows, and good transfer speculation content. Not much fluff. And Neil is a cheerful guy with an easy manner, whereas Dan can be a bit dour sometimes and act like he'd rather be doing anything else. 

Pete the Canuck lays it on a little too thick for my liking, but it's a slick production and his analysis is solid. 

These are the four I follow, and despite my criticisms, I like all of them.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Re: The Claret & Blue Pod, I think Townley in an improvement on Preece, but they do have one thing in common, which is a slightly nervous compulsion to keep talking and explaining something when the point has been made and it's time to move on to a new topic. Dan needs to do a better job of reeling him in and keeping things moving. I love Kendrick, but sometimes his mind goes on leisurely strolls through garden mazes when you just want them to keep things snappy.

In general, there's a balance to be struck in terms of how often to release new content. Lately, C&B seem to be overdoing it and putting out some fluffy stuff. Whereas MOMS will go dark for 10 days at a stretch, to the point where I forget they even have a podcast.

FTLOPM seems to strike this balance best. Timely pre and post-match shows, and good transfer speculation content. Not much fluff. And Neil is a cheerful guy with an easy manner, whereas Dan can be a bit dour sometimes and act like he'd rather be doing anything else. 

Pete the Canuck lays it on a little too thick for my liking, but it's a slick production and his analysis is solid. 

I agree with most of your takes here. 

it’s not quite a podcast, but I also enjoy the young lad with glasses match day videos. Can’t remember his YouTube handle, but I think he’s called max. Really sells the match day emotions and captures the feeling just right. 

*Villa on Tour is his account

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I agree with most of your takes here. 

it’s not quite a podcast, but I also enjoy the young lad with glasses match day videos. Can’t remember his YouTube handle, but I think he’s called max. Really sells the match day emotions and captures the feeling just right. 

*Villa on Tour is his account

I'm sure he's sound, but have had a couple of interactions with his crew and they could have conducted themselves a lot better. Odious little runts.

18 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91kuh5rcay163hq3yxqb

Hahaha, nothing I want to detail publicly but one is an absolute arse, and one tried to start on my mates young lad. That's enough. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Hahaha, nothing I want to detail publicly but one is an absolute arse, and one tried to start on my mates young lad. That's enough. 

Damn, they all look like nerdy boys too. Wouldn’t of expected them to be lippy and trying on fights 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Agreed.

C&B getting a bit too loose with the HOT TAKES in CAPITAL LETTERS and just trotting out content for the sake of content. I find myself liking 1874 more and more - despite what people think about Evans he has level headed takes and provides a perspective outside of the claret and blue tinted glasses and is often bang on the money.

The Villa Podcast still reigns supreme. 

https://x.com/TheVillaPodcast/status/1791575297957007721

Edited by Anything11

10 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Damn, they all look like nerdy boys too. Wouldn’t of expected them to be lippy and trying on fights 

sat behind them at a game this season and there was a lot of aggressive gesturing to the away fans throughout the game (the others, not max) and generally just seemed very negative and moany

not had any personal run ins with them or anything that was just my only experience of them

39 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

sat behind them at a game this season and there was a lot of aggressive gesturing to the away fans throughout the game (the others, not max) and generally just seemed very negative and moany

not had any personal run ins with them or anything that was just my only experience of them

School-igans is a phrase I've heard used, and inclined to agree.

Â