FC Barcelona

Villaphan04

Barcelona still cannot register their summer signings after La Liga rejected an attempt to use the club’s own funds to inflate the value of two of the asset sales they had resorted to in order to balance the books and strengthen their team.

The intention now is to turn to a fourth source of extraordinary income with the sale of a further 25% of their content production company, Barça Studios, for an estimated €100m in the hope that it will allow them to include new arrivals such as Robert Lewandowski, Andreas Christensen and Jules Koundé in the squad for their opening game against Rayo Vallecano on Saturday night.

Barcelona had accounted for benefits of €667m (£562m) from the sale of two packets of future television rights and had hoped that would help enable them to comply with La Liga’s financial fair play rules. They also announced the sale of just under 25% of Barça Studios, the third of the so-called “palancas” or economic “levers” they had pulled this summer. In total, including a new sponsorship deal with Spotify, the departure of players and increased revenue, Barcelona said that they had brought in more than €850m as they seek to improve their squad and fix a financial crisis.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/aug/08/barcelona-blocked-by-la-liga-from-registering-new-players-before-season?fbclid=IwAR1KBSToqGlHwktJEcj07y0aqfkfnmJUcb8TWnK-aE6HBdD4aJMOTCKdcYY

• Haha 1

Just now, Genie said:

I’d absolutely love it if they couldn’t register the new signings. Then have to start grovelling to the players they were trying to force out the door.

maybe we can do a loan swap Lewandowski for Watkins 😛 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

maybe we can do a loan swap Lewandowski for Watkins 😛 

It would be interesting what would happen. He is going to want to play somewhere, and they are gonna want some coverage of his wages. Mental to gamble like this.

Theres links to Messi going back, I bet he’s once bitten twice shy, won’t commit anything until he knows 110% they can register him.

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, Genie said:

It would be interesting what would happen. He is going to want to play somewhere, and they are gonna want some coverage of his wages. Mental to gamble like this.

Theres links to Messi going back, I bet he’s once bitten twice shy, won’t commit anything until he knows 110% they can register him.

Apparently they still owe Messi money as it is

40 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Is this not, fraud?

Inflating earnings to get around policy and processes?

Fraud, right?

I don't think so. Everything I've seen them do so far is in the 'remortgaging the house to pay for groceries' type category of penny wise pound foolishness, not criminality.

I have a feeling Barcelona wouldn't bet everything to bring those players on only to not be able to register them. 

I refuse to believe they are that badly run. 

I fully expect Lewandowski et al to start next week.

Unless they are that badly run and I'm wrong. Either way, big teams struggling with childish fu** ups like Man United or Barca brings a smile to my face. 

If worse comes to the worst they will be taken over by a rich arab state keen on some good old sports washing.  I know they are a member club but I am sure they could make up new rules as that is what they are best at to avoid getting into administration like any normal club

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

If worse comes to the worst they will be taken over by a rich arab state keen on some good old sports washing.  I know they are a member club but I am sure they could make up new rules as that is what they are best at to avoid getting into administration like any normal club

No chance it will happen not even sure it's legal in the club charter, the members are unhappy at the moment and can see Laporta getting impeached like Bartomeu before him

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

No chance it will happen not even sure it's legal in the club charter, the members are unhappy at the moment and can see Laporta getting impeached like Bartomeu before him

If its the choice between having a uncompetitive Barcelona for years or to go back to winning La Liga and CL titles they may change their minds. All that more than just a club guff will be tested.

Â