FC Barcelona

Villaphan04

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

For some reason they're all over my Facebook trying to turn the court of public opinion of Braithwaite and how he's got a club in Saudi Arabia lined up who will pay him more than barca but he still wants to get sacked on purpose to get his money 

4 or 5 barca message boards are somehow popping up on my feed with that kind of shit, how he's doing the club dirty 

They can **** right off

Noticed the same yesterday. At least they got most shit in the comments I read.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Barca have their own Hasbara of faithful and blind believers. It's like a cult. Just drink the cool aid and be done with it.

Yeah and I'd be interested to see how many of them are catalans 

From the few comments I have seen in various places it seems like old school fans aren't too happy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

They did a great job convincing the world they have no money. 

They did a better job of convincing themselves that they do.

What they've got now is debt - and they've mortgaged their future income for it.

It's a disaster waiting to happen and a club hoping they are too big to be allowed to fail.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

Barca have their own Hasbara of faithful and blind believers. It's like a cult. 

I always said they were the Spanish Liverpool. Liverpool seem well run now though. 

But it's a cult. 

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

They did a better job of convincing themselves that they do.

What they've got now is debt - and they've mortgaged their future income for it.

It's a disaster waiting to happen and a club hoping they are too big to be allowed to fail.

A lot of clubs seem to be doing that selling of future TV rights thing, even clubs like Villa and Newcastle who appear to have plenty of money. It seems more like a FFP hack than a desperate grab of cash.

Not denying Barcelona are in a shot load of debt though.

Spurs have about €800m of debt, Juve €900m, United over €400m. Barcelona do seem to be being run appallingly though.

If they have about €1.3b of debt and they can’t pay can they be sold off to new rich owners? Chelsea was sold for over £4b recently, so debt of about a quarter of that isn’t so obscene.

The problem is FFP with them and the local La Liga rules. 

If Barca do feel strongly that these contracts to de Jong, Braitwaite, Pique, ter Stegen, Lenglet and so on that Bartomeu signed before he left are indeed illegal and not valid then I'm sure they are more than willing to forfeit any and every point the won while these players were on the pitch?

No? OK, thought not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

A lot of clubs seem to be doing that selling of future TV rights thing, even clubs like Villa and Newcastle who appear to have plenty of money. It seems more like a FFP hack than a desperate grab of cash.

Spurs have about €800m of debt, Juve €900m, United over €400m. Barcelona do seem to be being run appallingly though.

If they have about €1.3b of debt and they can’t pay can they be sold off to new rich owners? Chelsea was sold for over £4b recently, so debt of about a quarter of that isn’t so obscene.

Barca are a members owned club. They can't be sold.

I guess they are already owned by the banks but selling the club for real is not really an option.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don't know how much of it we've done, but one way or another it's a bad idea. You cannot be sure of - in our case, cannot even be confident of - higher relative TV receipts in the future, so this is bad debt against the main source of income.

57 minutes ago, sne said:

If Barca do feel strongly that these contracts to de Jong, Braitwaite, Pique, ter Stegen, Lenglet and so on that Bartomeu signed before he left are indeed illegal and not valid then I'm sure they are more than willing to forfeit any and every point the won while these players were on the pitch?

No? OK, thought not.

If the contracts are illegal then does that mean deJong and co are available as free transfers?

Its amazing that players still go there despite the ridiculous management.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

If the contracts are illegal then does that mean deJong and co are available as free transfers?

Its amazing that players still go there despite the ridiculous management.

They've put in system to hand out enormous inflated contracts that they have no intention of fulfilling. They're also writing them in the NHL way that meaning they are long and with the salaries increasing over time so that the last years are the most expensive ones. By that time they expect/demand that the players take pay cuts or move to new clubs so they won't have to pay them the full amount.

Quite strange that the players association are not coming down harder on them.

Â