FC Barcelona

Villaphan04

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

25 minutes from elimination. I am sure them financial levers were connected with getting into the knockout stage. Oh Dear what a pity

This will leave a big hole in the already extremely fragile finances.

They’ll need Messi to come back and play for free.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

yes but they lost the head the head to Inter so needed Inter to lose the last 2

Ahh ok. Thought they could still get through on GD. Didn’t realise the head to head came into play! Shows how much I pay attention to the CL these days. 

58 minutes ago, Genie said:

They’ll need Messi to come back and play for free.

I just read that the fans were singing his name during tonight’s game. I wonder if he’ll go back?

Barcelona fans chant for Lionel Messi as they crash out of Champions League

Barcelona crashed out of the Champions League at the group stage for the second successive season with restless fans chanting the name of their former star Lionel Messi

Mirror

12 hours ago, Genie said:

I just read that the fans were singing his name during tonight’s game. I wonder if he’ll go back?

Mirror

Although he is the GOAT. The worship of Messi (and the obscene amounts of money they gave him) are part of the reason they are in this mess.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Although he is the GOAT. The worship of Messi (and the obscene amounts of money they gave him) are part of the reason they are in this mess.

100% agree.

I wonder if he feels like giving something back?

Sign a short deal on next to nothing wages knowing the club will get a massive surge in revenue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

nah, they've got some great youngsters, they've got some very expensive looking players on the bench

messi is not the answer to their problem and wont fix the deeply ingrained problems at board level there

He could be a short term answer to their cash flow issues, but it’s very rare for players to make such gestures.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

He could be a short term answer to their cash flow issues, but it’s very rare for players to make such gestures.

thats what i mean, a short term answer to their long term problems off the pitch, they're not even trying to fix their long term problems which given they have 2 or 3 of the best U21 players in europe is stupid

they make so many bad decisions in the transfer market to keep the revenue going and to also permanently go all in on a "win now" mode to coin an american sport phrase

all they're really doing is kicking the can down the road

re-signing messi just adds to their problems of having too many "top class" forwards in the squad who go through the squad rotation. I'm sure that Raphinha, Fernan Torres, Lewandowski,. Dembele, Ansu Fati, Depay would love to have Messi just so there's a 7th forward option for the squad. That's something I would do on FM

1 hour ago, TreeVillan said:

If it was anyone other than Xavi, would he have been sacked by now? 

Yep his record is worse than Koemans

Reminds me of a certain high profile muppet that got sacked recently

• Like 1

Â