FC Barcelona

Villaphan04

10 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

In terms of their financials, they’re just kicking the can down the road in the hope that within a few years’ time the super duper league actually starts (with the recent ‘LIV Golf’ - let’s call it what it is, Saudi Golf - saga, I can see it coming up again soon and this time with some form of precedent in place, of sorts).

They’re selling off chunks of their future income for an immediate cash injection, for a club/business that’s already lost money hand over fist it’s an absolute recipe for disaster.

Unless of course the super duper league starts up and they take $500M a year to play in it.

Seems like the mistake Super League made was not being explicitly sponsored by Saudi otherwise they'd have bent over. Seems nearly ever other sport does. 

I'm sure Barca would accept £500 mil to be a league member, but the real thing they want is to be able to sell Barca v Man Utd on their websites for a fiver, and hope they sell 100-200 million views which they could well do. Split that it's 500mil between them minimum per game. 

47 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't understand how they get away with.

I used to admire them a lot. Pep's Barcelona team is the best club side I've ever seen and played football the way I love to see it played.

They were still problematic then, but these days they're a whole other level.

Oh and their kit is shit

This x 10. 

There was a time I would even call myself a bit of a Barca fan. Mes que en club used to mean something, and they had some fantastic teams with a core of local players. 

Not anymore. I went on a tour of San Mames a couple of days ago, as I’m in Bilbao. Ended up getting an Athletic coffee mug in the club shop. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

I wasn’t a fan of Pep’s Barcelona side. A lot of the time it was frustrating to watch (but effective).

They were initially exciting to watch until Pep got up his own arse and started thinking he was some football guru which he does to this day

• Like 1

Well I've disliked them since the 80's when they cheated their way to a UEFA cup semi-final win over IFK Göteborg. Club sent prostitutes to the hotel IFK were staying trying to cause trouble and had fans outside the hotel all night making it impossible to sleep. They also played brutal football with tons of horror tackles. Fair enough it worked and they won on pens after 3-3 on aggregate.

Then they beat Sampdoria in the European Cup final 92 so once again f them.

They've had some fantastic players over the years and played some fantastic football.

My issue with them in the last 25 or so years is the holier than thou aura they try to push while at the same time being just as bad or as it turns out worse than Real Madrid, Juve, Bayern, Manure and all the other big corporations (sorry clubs). Their fan base is the most delusional, entitled bunch of C*ntalans you will ever meet and the players have made swarming the ref and cheating into an art form. Much of it thanks to Pep.

The list of new reasons to dislike them in the last couple years seem have exploded but in reality they've been doing the same things for more than a decade at the very least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

They were initially exciting to watch until Pep got up his own arse and started thinking he was some football guru which he does to this day

His track record is pretty good.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

His track record is pretty good.

He has innovate ideas for sure - he also massively benefited from generational talents shifting some old names along the way. But still spent. 

On 25/07/2022 at 11:54, Zatman said:

I was a huge fan until the whole Chelsea Barca Champions league game was clearly fixed. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

They've entered my top 3 of most disliked clubs behind Man Utd and SHA.

They are in my top 5 but that top 3 will be hard to dislodge! Top club is SHA, then Liverscum,  then Manure, Leeds 4th, Barca 5th

23 minutes ago, calcifer said:

They are in my top 5 but that top 3 will be hard to dislodge! Top club is SHA, then Liverscum,  then Manure, Leeds 4th, Barca 5th

dont give them the satisfaction that they might be important

53 minutes ago, Zatman said:

dont give them the satisfaction that they might be important

It's their fan's complete ass hats, think they are a big club because they got a big attendance in league 1..... Was a toss up between them and Albion. They have Steve Bruce lol!

Liverpool are second because i hate their fans, always the victims and i hate Klopp, such a whiney twit. 

But Barca are becoming a club that is very detestable! Never going to happen but would love it if they went bust!

8 minutes ago, calcifer said:

It's their fan's complete ass hats, think they are a big club because they got a big attendance in league 1..... Was a toss up between them and Albion. They have Steve Bruce lol!

Liverpool are second because i hate their fans, always the victims and i hate Klopp, such a whiney twit. 

But Barca are becoming a club that is very detestable! Never going to happen but would love it if they went bust!

FIFA and UEFA would never let that happen…

They have got debts that dwarf what Bolton, Derby, Bury and Glasgow Rangers owed combined…

But they are “too big”, “too iconic”, “too popular”

Strings will always be pulled to protect those who have spent enough money to grease the right palms so they can sit at the top table…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

FIFA and UEFA would never let that happen…

They have got debts that dwarf what Bolton, Derby, Bury and Glasgow Rangers owed combined…

But they are “too big”, “too iconic”, “too popular”

Strings will always be pulled to protect those who have spent enough money to grease the right palms so they can sit at the top table…

That's why the game is gone, if they were a Bury/Glasgow Rangers they would been wound up by now! But its Barca, one of the Super sides. FFP does not apply to them, as they know UEFA/FIFA would never ban them from Europe!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, calcifer said:

That's why the game is gone, if they were a Bury/Glasgow Rangers they would been wound up by now! But its Barca, one of the Super sides. FFP does not apply to them, as they know UEFA/FIFA would never ban them from Europe!

Yep…

UEFA/FIFA were happy to let Deportivo, Parma, Rangers et al. take their medicine… and they were all in Europe at one point or another in (relatively) recent times…

But not Barca or Man City… Heaven forbid

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

Yep…

UEFA/FIFA were happy to let Deportivo, Parma, Rangers et al. take their medicine… and they were all in Europe at one point or another in (relatively) recent times…

But not Barca or Man City… Heaven forbid

I’m not sure that’s completely true.

UEFA tried to implement sanctions on City but the courts overruled them. They also imposed transfer bans on Barcelona and forced them to release their superstar.

Barcelona are finding loopholes to keep spending what they don’t have faster than UEFA and La Liga can close them.

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I’m not sure that’s completely true.

UEFA tried to implement sanctions on City but the courts overruled them. They also imposed transfer bans on Barcelona and forced them to release their superstar.

Barcelona are finding loopholes to keep spending what they don’t have faster than UEFA and La Liga can close them.

Wasn't it the La Liga rules that forced them to not sign Messi again.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

Â