Brisbane Roar vs Villa - Wed 20th July 10.45am

ender4

Just now, AV82 said:

Nope, I want a selfish striker who will rip the net out. The amount of time Watkins has done exactly the same thing is criminal.

He didn't though, did he? He skied it.

Irrespective of who was next to him, they were in a better position.  Friendlies are about forming good habits.

• Like 2

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Hope he's told that as well.

Watkins confidence will be through the floor at the moment.

How many bloody times do we need to say this though.

I hate hearing how such and such a striker is "a confidence player" and "needs a goal" -- so **** score one then! Jesus. The man scored 0 of 6 one-on-ones last season. At some point people have to stop talking about confidence and start worrying about ability.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

He didn't though, did he? He skied it.

Irrespective of who was next to him, they were in a better position.  Friendlies are about forming good habits.

For too long we've had ineffective strikers. Let the lad have a crack after fashioning a chance for himself in a friendly.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Nope, I want a selfish striker who will rip the net out. The amount of time Watkins has done exactly the same thing is criminal.

Selfish but not stupid, with simple pass Ollie would have had empty net to place to ball in, instead taking on two defenders himself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Wow mate, glad you got there in the end!

The steward found me, and gave me a seat better than I originally had.

As someone else said, " Empty seats, M'lord." 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vazquez said:

Selfish but not stupid, with simple pass Ollie would have had empty net to place to ball in, instead taking on two defenders himself. 

Fair enough but he is a young kid, if it were that clear cut I'd expect the coaches to have a word with him. Unlike Watkins/Ings who should know better.

• Like 1

Â