Brisbane Roar vs Villa - Wed 20th July 10.45am

ender4

4 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Take aways:

Kamara is excellent, really excellent. What a terrific signing - he will transform our midfield, he is a Rolls Royce of a player and is very comfortable and great range of passing.

Our emerging kids are all very good, and all have futures possibly in our first team. What a fool Carney is, this route is the closest he will get to the big time.

Archer is good enough to fill one of our striker roles - he is exactly what we are missing: instinctive and gets a shot of quickly, often in the right place. Please dont send out on loan without giving him a chance before January.

Bailey will be useful this season, like a new signing.

I love Buendia, great energy and heart.

I have the feeling as a club we have moved past McGinn and Luiz, just not sure they offer enough, surely the club are looking for a more imposing and versatile #8?

Mings seems to be suffering a crisis of confidence, he just hasn’t shaken off last seasons wobbles, for me Chambers is much more assured at present as a partner to Carlos.

I agree with pretty much everything but Bailey still looks poor and totally out of his element and Luiz and Mcginn aren't that bad. How do they get bagged but Bailey will be useful?

Edited by Kiwivillan

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

That slip from Mings wasn't fun.

Do our players not warm up properly? It's every week at VP they're slipping all over the place. Drives me up the wall.

Shit pitch shit boots. I’d insist that no player is allowed to wear firm ground boots.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Do our players not warm up properly? It's every week at VP they're slipping all over the place. Drives me up the wall.

Studs 

The pitch side guy said at one point it pissed it down there yesterday but the pitch is really hard, as a result the top surface is churning up

Its definitley a weird occurance for us though, we keep getting it wrong 

Just now, villa4europe said:

Studs 

The pitch side guy said at one point it pissed it down there yesterday but the pitch is really hard, as a result the top surface is churning up

Its definitley a weird occurance for us though, we keep getting it wrong 

was rugby played on it Friday night 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Is it not the kitmans job to prepare the boots for the players

Nice to see us playing, can always improve and there were some lazy moments, in a preseason game that meant nothing.

Archer looks to be a greedy little so and so, that's good because fannying around the edge of the box for too long equals no goals 95% of the time.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Honestly don't think this is the time to worry.

- It's pre season

- Experimental Teams

- Never really seemed to get out of first or second gear

- Played like a practice match

The closer we get to the season, the closer to our starting 11 we will see.

I think in a sense it's hard for the players to kick up a big effort against this type of opposition in a pre season game.

Imagine if we had 2 Kamaras in the middle?

Archer looks more dangerous than our 50 odd million worth of seniors strikers so far.

we have 2 more games left before Bournemouth and I dont remember the Brisbane keeper making many saves. One from Ings I remember

The football in the first half with a lot more starters was as dire and boring as last season

Random thoughts on the game and some of our newer players (including Bailey)

Pitch: Slippery, uneven, poor

Tempo: Slower than slow.

Opposition: A-League is roughly league 2/3

Kamara: Composed, slick.

Carlos: Calm. Good touches and passes.

Bailey: Tricky. Fouls a lot.

Iroegbunam: Comfortable

Archer: Natural. Selfish. Good movement.

KKH: Promising

Augustinson: Solid backup.

Chrisene: Solid backup for the backup.

The Goal: Iroegbanum -> KKH -> Archer -> Goal. The kids look good.

Overall: Too slow on the ball. Ponderous at times. However, this is just a friendly.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Honestly don't think this is the time to worry.

- It's pre season

- Experimental Teams

- Never really seemed to get out of first or second gear

- Played like a practice match

The closer we get to the season, the closer to our starting 11 we will see.

I think in a sense it's hard for the players to kick up a big effort against this type of opposition in a pre season game.

Imagine if we had 2 Kamaras in the middle?

Archer looks more dangerous than our 50 odd million worth of seniors strikers so far.

I'll add based on the players the weather seemed a lot more uncomfortable than it looked

Not sure what the guys there thought of it

Â