SAS allegations. Why isn't this bigger news?

Marka Ragnos

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

There's 2 sides to this story. You will hear only one from the media. I personally will never speak out or disrespect the SAS, neither will 95% of the UK army.

Isn’t that the problem?

• Like 2

**** the SAS. Bunch of nobs running around the hills with their bullet firing cock replacements. If they weren’t in the SAS they’d be in prison, robbing your cars or mugging your nans. Black make up balaclava wearing cockwombles with guns.

spacer.png

There I said it, phew. 

Edited by Ingram85

It’s awkward isn’t it, we can’t have state sponsored terrorism and murder. That would be slightly hypocritical wouldn’t it, to send people around the world destroying families, murdering folk on suspicion of being a bit brown, and creating more refugees for more gangsters to exploit.

But we also need some nasty bastards if we want to be good at war.

And we do appear to want to be good at war.

• Like 2

Having watched the Doc and having background knowledge of SF's through a climbing friend that served for over 10 years, it goes without saying stuff happens that shouldn't at times. Not that it should but it does. 

In my early twenties I also knew a Jock called Peter McAleese who was in the SF and ran a boozer in brum. I ended up going out with his daughters friend and he gave me some of his books on the SF including his own 'No Mean Soldier'. The stuff he talked about was eye opening and to the normal man on the street, frightening. He also featured in a couple of docs back in the day, one being 'SAS A soldiers story'  and after leaving the SF he ended up becoming a security contractor. Eventually hired by the CIA(Cali Cartel) to take out Pablo Escobar which went tits up. He was threatened by the UK government for going rogue as they saw it on his return. One tough bugger.

The bottom line is though they're trained killers, trained by governments that then release them to do their bidding. In this day and age you have to be bloody ignorant to think our governments don't let the SF loose to create carnage. It's exactly the reason why more often than not shit gets pushed under the carpet. 

Peter McAleese - Wikipedia

Edited by avfc1982am

6 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

**** the SAS. Bunch of nobs running around the hills with their bullet firing cock replacements. If they weren’t in the SAS they’d be in prison, robbing your cars or mugging your nans. Black make up balaclava wearing cockwombles with guns.

spacer.png

There I said it, phew. 

Don't hold back now ...
giphy.gif

4 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

The bottom line is though they're trained killers, trained by governments that then release them to do their bidding. In this day and age you have to be bloody ignorant to think our governments don't let the SF loose to create carnage. It's exactly the reason why more often than not shit gets pushed under the carpet. 

I take your points about getting real about just what special forces do, and that irregular combat skills are necessary today, and that they're very good at what they do. No arguments there. But trained killers are not trained murderers. There's a big difference!  

15 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Because the flag shagging help the heroes obsessed types will crucify and try to cancel anyone on social media who dares speak against our hard working totally squeaky clean by the numbers BRITISH army. Our lads. Our boys etc…

A somewhat stereo typical post, ever heard of Phil Shiner ?

9 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

spacer.png

There I said it, phew. 

You'll be alright, in 20 years time we will probably have a bunch of woke pussys looking after the security of the UK, euthanizing the most wanted who are organising groups to blow up our loved ones so they dont suffer to harshly.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You'll be alright, in 20 years time we will probably have a bunch of woke pussys looking after the security of the UK, euthanizing the most wanted who are organising groups to blow up our loved ones so they dont suffer to harshly.

There it is

• Like 4

2 hours ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

I see we've moved onto the "people who oppose war crimes are woke pussies" phase of civil discourse

Okay to please a few.

Change the training to and move with the times. 

Also I said the crimes need dealing with, but behind closed doors.

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Okay to please a few.

Change the training to and move with the times. 

Also I said the crimes need dealing with, but behind closed doors.

You've not even read the short article have you? A large part of he controversy is that there was an alleged coverup. Like I asked you yesterday, if illegal killings are swept under the rug and ignored, what then? 

You should probably stop cosplaying as anonymous.

Most military people are a weird breed. I’ve never met a military person who isn’t a bit ‘off’. I remember doing my nursing training and there was a group of military students in our intake. How did I know? Bit like vegans and cyclists, they just can’t wait to tell you. Weirdly smug and thought they were a bit above us ‘civvies’. **** odd lot. 

• Like 1

Everyone has to belong to a group and then slate all the other groups which aren't theirs.

Nothing to do with the topic, but something I've noticed lately and is greatly exaggerated on VT. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Everyone has to belong to a group and then slate all the other groups which aren't theirs.

Nothing to do with the topic, but something I've noticed lately and is greatly exaggerated on VT. 

Yeah, all trades, professions and ways of life display this. Some military people are words removed and some are sound. Bit unfair to tar them all with the same brush.

Re @avfc1982am's post above, though, Peter McAleese had a *rough* childhood. Dad was in and out of prison, broke Peter's nose when he was a kid, was a local hard man. Feel like a lot of these elite infantry types have similar back stories. Not surprising maybe that they can tread a thin line between being very effective soldiers, and going a bit rogue.

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Most military people are a weird breed. I’ve never met a military person who isn’t a bit ‘off’. I remember doing my nursing training and there was a group of military students in our intake. How did I know? Bit like vegans and cyclists, they just can’t wait to tell you. Weirdly smug and thought they were a bit above us ‘civvies’. **** odd lot. 

Bit harsh this mate. I think there's plenty of people a bit off, military or no.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Saudi Arabia-Hold my Pepsi.

By ‘we’ I did specifically mean the UK.

It’s a very awkward position to try and be the deputy of the world police sheriff, whilst carrying out murders in foreign lands.

That the others all do it shouldn’t be the bar we set ourselves.

It’s one of those items where I’m glad I’m not a politician because there is an obvious contradiction. We have knowingly sent people to a foreign country to dole out death sentences on a hunch or a grudge. Someone innocent will have died, without evidence, without a trial. That death will be the loss of a son, a husband, a dad. The bread winner in a society that teeters on the edge of hell. We have put people in to hell on earth.

We have done that under the cover of our war on terror.

Then, on the other hand. If there are terrible people out there that would do that to us, be they Afghan, or Russian, or Saudi, or American then we need people that can stop them. You only know you are as good as the best by real world experience.

Bloody awkward moral dilemma above my pay grade.

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

A tiny group of medics doesn't represent an entire organisation. 

All humans are weird regardless of  their employment .  Your comments towards them hardly help the situation either.    Us and them needs to die.

• Like 3

Â