SAS allegations. Why isn't this bigger news?

Marka Ragnos

The most worrying aspect is the denial there could be any possibility of wrongdoing.The fact that the military is often put in extreme positions where their lives and the lives of others are in danger is undeniable.That does not excuse wrongdoing.

Surely one thing we should be proud of in this country is that whenever crimes are committed they are in investigated and dealt with properly(I know present government and prime minister do not follow this principle).

What are we doing in any foreign country if we are not following this principle.What right do we have to have to be in any conflict if we are doing the same as our so called enemies.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

Fair point. But in the last 20yrs, on top of the friends that I’ve lost on operations, there has been a dozen or more that have taken their owns lives. So to read the fecking rubbish on here posted by absolute tools is annoying. 

Rocket polishers that would love the armed police or SF to turn up if some crazy bastard broke into their house, but in the meantime play keyboard warrior slagging everyone off. 

Like I say, there’s a reason we think civvies are dickheads

I have lost many close friends on operations too . The RLC has some of the worst map readers going. (On a serious note sorry for your loss but I know you have a dark SOH)

I left around 16 years ago and ever since then every time I wash my face I have to look at a lowly civilian in the mirror. I've probably spent £20,000 on replacing smashed reflective surfaces over the years and have gone through countless hand surgeries.   Just knowing that every time I touch myself I am letting a dirty civvy touch me makes me sick. 

I have began to soften towards them over the last few weeks though after having learned that my entire family  have been secret civilians this entire time .  

It's tough running the KKK whilst being black.  

Jokes aside I know you are speaking from emotion and pride Wendy but IF 22 have been breaking the Geneva convention then they deserve all the criticism and punishment they get .

Don't take it as an all out anti-services attack . 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, av1 said:

Fair point. But in the last 20yrs, on top of the friends that I’ve lost on operations, there has been a dozen or more that have taken their owns lives. So to read the fecking rubbish on here posted by absolute tools is annoying. 

Rocket polishers that would love the armed police or SF to turn up if some crazy bastard broke into their house, but in the meantime play keyboard warrior slagging everyone off. 

Like I say, there’s a reason we think civvies are dickheads

What makes you think we "rocket polishers" wouldn't take care of business ourselves? Anyone breaks into my house, they'll need the police save them.   

I went a bit daft yesterday, obviously I know there are good people in the forces. The running around in the woods with the pew pews bit was just poking fun.

It is true that all the military types I’ve met in person (a small sample size obviously) have been utter throbbers but much like any walk of life, I do appreciate what the good ones do. I just get a bit antsy around the whole hero worship/our boys/beyond criticism approach a lot of (not everyone) people have. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

I went a bit daft yesterday, obviously I know there are good people in the forces. The running around in the woods with the pews pews bit was just poking fun.

It is true that all the military types I’ve met in person (a small sample size obviously) have been utter throbbers but much like any walk of life, I do appreciate what the good ones do. I just get a bit antsy around the whole hero worship/our boys/beyond criticism approach a lot of (not everyone) people have. 

The bolded part is absolutely bang on. Nobody is above criticism. For what it's worth, during the 6 years I served I never met a soldier who acted in their own volition in a way that brings them or the Army into disrepute. The consequences were dire. We were all terrified of the glasshouse. It's also drilled into you from day one that you're a professional and you're expected to act like one at all times. Where issues like the SAS accusations are raised, they simply must be investigated correctly to ensure the forces are acting correctly. This would be expected by anyone serving.

• Like 2

Â