Europa League Conference Final/Champions League Final/Championship&League 2 Play Off Finals

andykeenan

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Some are arguing it's a deflection, but not a deliberate play of the ball, but he slides in to try and win the ball, he means to play it, even if not exactly like that.

Should be a goal imo

Yeah, I agree with u on that, he slid in to try and get the ball and his knee passed it to Benzema, to me that is not a deflection

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

It is still offside if the ball that comes off the Liverpool player is a deflection, which is why I assume they gave it offside

Really? Feel like that can be abused...

Fabinho didn’t intentionally play it, Konate intentionally blocked it onto Fabinho though.

No justification whether the last touch was intentional or not.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Amazing, I didn't even know that. So that's only if the goalie is in front of the attacker?

It's any two players. Whether it's a keeper or not is irrelevant. The rule is there must be two players of the other side ahead of you when you receive a pass.

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Amazing, I didn't even know that. So that's only if the goalie is in front of the attacker?

There has to be 2 players in front of the attacker.  In 99.99% of cases the goalkeeper is one of those players so you're basically looking at the last defender.  But those was one of those rare occasions the keeper was ahead of play. 

I still don't understand how he was offside though as there was no forward pass. Bloody nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m sure we’ve seen loads of goals in the PL where the ball “comes off” a defender and makes the attacker onside.

Deliberate play came into it after the whole Mings offside incident

• Thanks 1

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

It's any two players. Whether it's a keeper or not is irrelevant. The rule is there must be two players of the other side ahead of you when you receive a pass.

Has that always been part of the offside rule?

6 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Because they determined it wasn’t an intentional play by Fabinho. They say it was just a deflection 

I mean if your throwing your leg at the ball and connect with it is that not deliberate? 

Regardless he seems massively onside anyway, Steve Wonder has drawn the lines here:

Edited by penguin

Just now, sidcow said:

There has to be 2 players in front of the attacker.  In 99.99% of cases the goalkeeper is one of those players so you're basically looking at the last defender.  But those was one of those rare occasions the keeper was ahead of play. 

I still don't understand how he was offside though as there was no forward pass. Bloody nonsense. 

That makes sense to me now.

5 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I could have sworn there were two defenders ahead of him. But I guess they'll analyse it at half time.

Well, I've seen the freeze frame and there was only one. So I was wrong here.

Â