Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

That's like quoting a list of the best in the u17s 

It's a thread about Diego Carlos 

It was a joke based on the previous comment….  

chill

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Just ignore him.

He's definitely a good player but I'm not that confident going in every game with Konsa on the right with Carlos in the middle.  Hopefully we can go back to picking and choosing the right times to alter it.  I really hope we can get another right back in quickly to free up Konsa a bit.

I'd actually be interested to see Carlos on the right instead of Konsa. ( Moving Konsa back to CB )

He's got pace , physicality and a good range of passing when he's on it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

He is starting to annoy me and most important worry me. For me he is our 5th best centre back

He isn't sure with high line but also stupid fouls. He got a stupid yellow card and also conceded a needless free kick when Lenglet scored

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is starting to annoy me and most important worry me. For me he is our 5th best centre back

He isn't sure with high line but also stupid fouls. He got a stupid yellow card and also conceded a needless free kick when Lenglet scored

He makes me so nervous. I just don’t trust him. He’s got a lot of attributes that could make him a top defender but he’s one decision away from calamity too often in games. 

He wondered about 10 yards into their half trying to step up for offside for the Martinez save.  Wildly out of sync.  I'd rather have Cash at right back providing width, Konsa in the middle and Tielemans instead of Diaby next game.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

He wondered about 10 yards into their half trying to step up for offside for the Martinez save.  Wildly out of sync.  I'd rather have Cash at right back providing width, Konsa in the middle and Tielemans instead of Diaby next game.

Yep, noticed that and came here to post it. Mind boggling decision.

Didn't cost us today, but his brain-fades and needless fouling are getting us into trouble. We need Torres and Konsa in the middle of defence

5 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

even more stupid as the opposition cant be offside in their own half....

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

even more stupid as the opposition cant be offside in their own half....

I’m assuming he knew that mate. If he didn’t he shouldn’t be watching football. 

Just now, WHY said:

I’m assuming he knew that mate. If he didn’t he shouldn’t be watching football. 

i was talking more about if carlos was stepping forward in to their half 10 yards, hoping to catch someone offside.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i was talking more about if carlos was stepping forward in to their half 10 yards, hoping to catch someone offside.

He definitely lost where he was on the pitch because he stepped forward as if to trap. 

Add it to the list of questionable decision making from him. 

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

He makes me so nervous. I just don’t trust him. He’s got a lot of attributes that could make him a top defender but he’s one decision away from calamity too often in games. 

The Brazilian Titus Bramble.

Edited by AshVilla

he's a decent back up to Pau/Konsa, but tbh he's almost certainly not a good value backup.

seems he is prob on about 100k p/w, tbh i would be happy to offload him in the summer and bring in a more reasonable backup in terms of cost vs ability.

add that to Traores 78k p/w, Chambers 50k p/w, Sansons 50k p/w, Dendonckers 90k p/w, Olsens 50k p/w, Coutinhos 125k p/w...

thats 543k p/w, or 28m a year, on fringe players, or players who dont even play for us regularly.

whilst i accept we need decent backups/squad depth, dont tell me thats good value for squad depth, especially with the specific names mentioned.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

Yea it was a pointless challenge tbh, he lacks concentration and can be casual. Mings would be my preference, similar players but Mings is just better.

Just chiming in to agree with the consensus really.  Carlos wouldn't be playing if we had a fully fit squad, he's nowhere near the quality of Pau, Konsa or Mings.   He's going to be in the picture for the remainder of this season, but unless Mings doesn't recover fully from the injury then I don't think Carlos should have a long term future at the club. 

On 30/12/2023 at 22:14, Risso said:

We've got to bring Cash back in and put Konsa back next to Torres. Cash is a better right back than Carlos is a centre back. 

This seemed true again yesterday.

Konsa is seemingly a better offensive centre back than Carlos is against a low block, and far less prone to reckless behaviour. Cash has his faults, but so does Carlos. He cost us a goal yesterday, and very nearly contributed to us conceding.

Â