Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

1 minute ago, fruitvilla said:

Comments like this one make me think Villa Talk is a portal where people from different universes can comment on their own little worlds.

Just ignore him.

He's definitely a good player but I'm not that confident going in every game with Konsa on the right with Carlos in the middle.  Hopefully we can go back to picking and choosing the right times to alter it.  I really hope we can get another right back in quickly to free up Konsa a bit.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Just ignore him.

I know. Thanks

Having Konsa, Carlos, Torres and Lenglet as centre-back options is a bit of a luxury. Hope Mings comes back strong.

Today Carlos and Lenglet were OK.

8 minutes ago, BigJim said:

Great pass to Ollie for the first but he should have walked for deliberate handball on the edge of our box.  Seems he always manages to do something very risky, luckily he has got away with it so far.

Was far less deliberate than the Sheffield United one

4 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

I know. Thanks

Having Konsa, Carlos, Torres and Lenglet as centre-back options is a bit of a luxury. Hope Mings comes back strong.

Today Carlos and Lenglet were OK.

They were crap today. Hence why they got in every time a ball was played down the channels or in behind. 

Stop dressing it up. Carlos has been poor lately. 

I would prefer to see a right back brought in, with Konsa back in the right CB position.

Carlos is a good player no doubt, and has a very good range of passing. He slows down our play though, and a lot of the time he holds the ball for too long without progressing it or moving it quickly to create another option to break the press.

He currently reminds me of Konsa last season though, he also struggled with the passing element of Emery's game but adapated and is now a progressive ball playing centre back (maybe not at Pau's level, but an improvement on before). I would hope Emery can coach this into Carlos.

• Like 2

Very frustrating today when in possession. Pau uses the space either to draw in or skip past. Burnley weren't getting drawn in but instead of using the space it's like he didn't know what to do. 

I'd prefer Konsa there with a top notch new right back. I say this knowing that I started to lose hope with Konsa last season. I know Diego is coming off a brutal injury but the issues are more decisions rather than physical. 

Â