Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

I like Carlos a lot but he needs to cut out these lazy bullshit passes into midfield, and Id like to see more from him in an attacking sense at set pieces too. Torres has grabbed a header at Spurs but do any of our centre backs routinely threaten from set pieces? Even Mings doesn't really, and he's about 7ft tall.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, wict01 said:

I like Carlos a lot but he needs to cut out these lazy bullshit passes into midfield, and Id like to see more from him in an attacking sense at set pieces too. Torres has grabbed a header at Spurs but do any of our centre backs routinely threaten from set pieces? Even Mings doesn't really, and he's about 7ft tall.

One of the many poor things Carlos did last night was head over the bar whilst unmarked from a set piece. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s our 4th choice centre back for a reason. 

Costing us points this season. I want to like him. But I can’t. (Who doesn’t want to love a Brazilian centre half built like a brick shit house?)

Get Konsa and Pau back at the heart of the defence and either play Cash at right back or buy another one. 

I want to like him too and think his physicality and aggression can be useful against certain players. Had Haaland in his pocket all night against City. 

But like you said he’s 4th choice. With Pau beside him and Kamara in front of him, you can make up for his shortcomings.  

Not so much with Lenglet and Dendoncker. 

• Like 1

I said the same when Carlos played against Bournemouth. His distribution is too sloppy and consistently gives the ball away in the worst possible positions. I'd rather he hoof the ball upfield than play the risky passes he does.

• Like 1

On 27/12/2023 at 14:57, lexicon said:

We have high standards when it comes to CBs. Carlos has a lot of positives about his game but his decision-making is his weakness and it is amplified by the style of play we have. 

his poor pass against united, was amplified, by the poor positioning/ awareness of our players to receive a ball too.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, TRO said:

his poor pass against united, was amplified, by the poor positioning/ awareness of our players to receive a ball too.

And surely the desperation of wanting to keep the ball for a bit, which we did very little of in that game. Clearing to no-one to face attack after attack is exhausting physically and mentally.

• Like 1

People are forgetting that this is his settling in period. That injury has cost him a season of football so it’s to be expected he’ll have some dips. 

However we have to start with one of Konsa, Pau or Mings (when fit) in the centre. It’s too risky having none of those three starting in the central position.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

3 or 4 games in a short amount of time caught him with him, time for a spell on the bench.

Absolutely nothing in his legs or energy at all tbh. Out paced second game running all over the shop and more worryingly , absolutely rag dolled.

Strange take.

Villa just won and the first thing you do is post negatively. 

Â