Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

5 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

It wasn't really an elbow. A little clumsy perhaps, exacerbated the the trademark Arsenal player rolling around on the floor.

Bias. If Saliba spins and hits Watkins in the head like that I want him off the field.

• Like 1

It’s probably because he’s only made a few starts compared to Digne/Pau/Konsa, but he does seem the most nervous with high line. He’s always just half a yard closer to goal than the other three - just hope it doesn’t cost us. I’m sure after a few more starts he’ll be confident to step right up. Takes real conviction to play that line.

1 minute ago, El-Reacho said:

It’s probably because he’s only made a few starts compared to Digne/Pau/Konsa, but he does seem the most nervous with high line. He’s always just half a yard closer to goal than the other three - just hope it doesn’t cost us. I’m sure after a few more starts he’ll be confident to step right up. Takes real conviction to play that line.

That’s because they play on the half turn, and his shoulders are half a yard wider then most peoples 😊

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He literally looked at him and clocked him round the head. He knows exactly what he's doing.

Who cares, Saka nearly broke Morenos leg last year with an horrendous challenge,  we didn't whinge. Arsenal are entitled loosers, watching Wright on MOTD with his head in his hands was hilarious,  Jenas looked like he was going to piss himself laughing. He's supposed to be reasonable impartial, acts like a 5 year old kid who's dropped his ice cream. 

Blaming VAR as well, the ref made the call and VAR was asked to overturn it, just idiots , him and Mr extra salty Walkers Crisps. 

We're slowly becoming everyone's 2nd team. UTV 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He literally looked at him and clocked him round the head. He knows exactly what he's doing.

Just managed to find another blurry video of the incident and I'm not seeing an elbow at all. Diego reaches out to feel for the attacker and brushes his shoulder/chest. Player then rolls around in a manner perfected at the arsenal training ground....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tinker said:

Who cares, Saka nearly broke Morenos leg last year with an horrendous challenge,  we didn't whinge. Arsenal are entitled loosers, watching Wright on MOTD with his head in his hands was hilarious,  Jenas looked like he was going to piss himself laughing. He's supposed to be reasonable impartial, acts like a 5 year old kid who's dropped his ice cream. 

Blaming VAR as well, the ref made the call and VAR was asked to overturn it, just idiots , him and Mr extra salty Walkers Crisps. 

We're slowly becoming everyone's 2nd team. UTV 

Not me , just does my head in when people think Villa players do no wrong, then when they leave they're scumbags.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He definitely knows what he’s doing, but it wasn’t a nasty elbow - more a strong block with his arm. He got booked for it which was the right call IMO.

• Like 1

Aside from the mess up for the Bournemouth 1st goal I think he's been really good since he came into the team again. Gives us that physical presence we lost with Mings season ending injury and his passing is underrated imo, not as eye catching as what Pau can do but he can find our CMs no problem from edge of our own box.

Only thing he needs to watch is attempting to block forward runs with his elbow. That's not a good idea at all and will be costly at some stage this season so he needs to just use his shoulder instead like other CBs do.

12 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

It wasn't really an elbow. A little clumsy perhaps, exacerbated the the trademark Arsenal player rolling around on the floor.

I think if Arsenal werent jumping on the ground all game then he probably would have seen red for it

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

Disagree, the contact looked accidental/clumsy. Also I don't see Watkins rolling around screaming and holding his face in your scenario.

Watkins was being strangled in their box at one point and he didn't even notice

Â