Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

Any word? Find it hard to believe he was left out totally so people like Chambers can get more minutes. 

Very quick turnaround to the valenica game. Just 48.5 hours between them. Given that he's coming off an achilles injuries and they usually aren't 100% until 18 months have passed it makes sense to avoid putting too many minutes on him preseason. 

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

Not in the squad again tonight so have to assume he is injured.

He was at the game vs Lazio in training gear I saw him taking a picture with a fan. 

Yeh I imagine he might have a 'niggle'. 

Shame, thought he was getting out the rustiness over the matches in the USA. Played some lovely passes into midfield against Brentford.

Hopefully it's not a long lay off.

No way Unai spends that much money to bring in HIS man and doesn't play Pau when Mings is injured. 

Oh but that Konsa error today was so so bad. 

Depending on current fitness levels Carlos and Pau for me. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

No way Unai spends that much money to bring in HIS man and doesn't play Pau when Mings is injured. 

That's a central defensive partnership with the grand total of 4 Premier League games between them though, a huge risk.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Out of reactions today but I'd also like to see Carlos and Pau next match

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Out of reactions today but I'd also like to see Carlos and Pau next match

I can't see it, unless he goes for that slightly unbalanced three at the back with Konsa playing over to the right. Pau and Carlos are two left footers, with virtually no Premier League experience between them. Konsa had a nightmare today, but I think he'll stick with him and Torres rather than Carlos.

1 minute ago, Risso said:

I can't see it, unless he goes for that slightly unbalanced three at the back with Konsa playing over to the right. Pau and Carlos are two left footers, with virtually no Premier League experience between them. Konsa had a nightmare today, but I think he'll stick with him and Torres rather than Carlos.

Carlos is right footed.

• Like 1

Â