Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

What a disaster for Carlos and for us. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go the way of Wesley and barley play for us again. 

Obviously I hope that he recovers and is back to his best for next season. But that might not be the case. 

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so reading about a ruptured Achilles tendon, seems like 9 months out, so basically his season is done, even if he is back in 6-9 months, will take a while to get back to match fitness.

I also found it interesting that apparently 1 in 3 of the people who recover from this type of injury, will not be able to play sport to the same level they did before, lets hope is is the 2/3 who can.

The link I posted earlier said that only 78% of soccer players returned from a ruptured achilles which is very scary. 

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

The link I posted earlier said that only 78% of soccer players returned from a ruptured achilles which is very scary. 

ah didnt see that, yeah, its concerning for sure.

He looks like he takes care of his body, so I have confidence he’ll be back playing to a high level.

Some Newcastle fans showing their class by celebrating his injury, all because he was one of their targets smh I really hate some people that use social media 

Edited by Rustibrooks

6 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

He looks like he takes care of his body, so I have confidence he’ll be back playing to a high level.

Some Newcastle fans showing their class by celebrating his injury, all because he was one of their targets smh I really hate some people that use social media 

Classy as usual.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, YLN said:

Benteke did his achilles in April and was back starting games in October. 6 months then

That basically finished him as a player though didn't it?

Don't remember him ever looking the same after it. Incredible we got the money we did.

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I often wonder if recovering mentally, from something like this is just as important.

I imagine it must be difficult to play " without fear " for a long time!

Carlos fears no man or injury.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

That basically finished him as a player though didn't it?

Don't remember him ever looking the same after it. Incredible we got the money we did.

Carlos fears no man or injury.

Nah Benteke was still pretty good for us after that. Scored 13 in 29 that season.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I wonder if Lange will know of any " under the radar " Nordic and Scandinavian Monster CBs?

Viktor Nelsson.

Not exactly under the radar though.

We don't just need a monster CB though we need one that can pass the ball.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Same injury as Gabby. He reckons February return if its top rehab -

https://twitter.com/ga11agbon/status/1559134030997725184?t=jmzcp5nPm2USScN57Frk3A&s=19

I asked this question before, but is Stem Cell treatment legal in the UK?

Some of the people I follow, have had miraculous results from this stuff!

It almost reverse ages and generates new tissue in record time!

Feel for him as that’s his World Cup out the window.

I know it’s not our fault but it’s always bloody Villa isn’t it. What is it about us that these sodding things always happen. 

Â