James Tarkowski

HalfTimePost

Consistent. Its what Gerrard wants. Its what we need. 3 or 4 Dennis Irwins to mix with the big talents we already have here. You need consistency at centre back. Much rather that than a 9 out of 10 one week and a 5 the next. 

You really never know whats going to happen from one week to the next with our team. They fluctuate so much in terms of form. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

The key for me in this is he's a proven Premier League player. With hundreds of games experience, he's played in Europe with Burnley too lets not forget. He's a known quantity and critically he's been consistent. As much as we love Konsa he's had 1 good season in his 3 at Villa so far. 

This. The guy can defend, and would add a huge amount to our team. 

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

We've seen with Chambers, Digne, Coutinho what signing ready made experienced players are like.

All brilliant signings for different reasons. It’s why I find it pretty funny that sections of our fanbase are convinced Gerrard will only sign “his mates” or “old has beens” There is also some stupid notion that he will spunk x amount of money to the detriment of our long term plans. 

His 4 signings so far have been very clever. 

Countinho, Chambers, Digne, Kamara, for what? £44/45m? 

That buys you one Alex Owobi 

28 minutes ago, av1 said:

This. The guy can defend, and would add a huge amount to our team. 

All brilliant signings for different reasons. It’s why I find it pretty funny that sections of our fanbase are convinced Gerrard will only sign “his mates” or “old has beens” There is also some stupid notion that he will spunk x amount of money to the detriment of our long term plans. 

His 4 signings so far have been very clever. 

Countinho, Chambers, Digne, Kamara, for what? £44/45m? 

That buys you one Alex Owobi 

Well its doesn't because its about 2m a month in wages by the sounds of it.

If we're dropping big big wages and Tarkowski smacks of someone we shouldn't on we are getting into murky territory when we are not in Europe.

Edited by rodders0223

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Well its doesn't because its about 2m a month in wages by the sounds of it.

If we're dropping big big wages and Tarkowski smacks of someone we shouldn't on we are getting into murky territory when we are not in Europe.

I’m pretty sure we have people owning and running the club that understand finance, asset valuations over time and how budgets work. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

So did Everton.

Moshini was too hands on. Like a kid in a sweet shop but naive with it. Everyone on a different page and constant changing of managers. Recipe for disaster

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

The rumours about Diego Carlos are growing so I think this one is less likely ( although not convinced we were ever that interested). 

I can see both happening.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Awol said:

Yep, with Mings to the Geordies I reckon

Yep, can't see Mings staying although he would be a good backup.  He'll want first team football after losing his England place.

------------------Martinez---------------
Cash Tarkowski Carlos Digne
-----------------Kamara------------------

Edited by duke313
  • Like 1

Â