Nottingham Forest

Demitri_C

In recent weeks Vieira and Potter were sacked soon after playing us and Rodgers and now potentially Cooper looks gone just before playing us

Unai is terrifying owners

Edited by Zatman
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

If Forest do drop, how badly will the crazy spend last summer affect them? Obviously the parachute payments help I guess but would it mean a complete squad fire sale? Do their fans need to be worried for instance?

I don't think it'd be too bad for them - but they'd need to sell a couple of players.  Looking at their squad, you'd immediately say Johnson and Gibbs-White would have suitors and they'd be looking at at least £30m for the pair I reckon.

A few of their players are on short term deals until the end of the season (Navas, Lingard, Aurier, Ayew, Lodi on loan, Henderson on loan, Wood on loan (although might have heard they signed him?) which is probably a decent wage saving on this season.

I think their recent home draws against fellow strugglers have cost them (1-1 against Wolves, 2-2 against Everton) as they've been unable to pull away from the relegation zone with the majority of teams down there picking up unexpected points - which Forest just haven't done.  They've only won once away from home all season (1-0 at Southampton) and it's hard to see where their points are coming from out of:
Villa (A)
Man Utd (H)
Liverpool (A)
Brighton (H)
Brentford (A)
Southampton (H)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (H)
Palace (A)

That Southampton game at home is huge - very much a must win.  Where are another, what, 8 points(?) coming from though?  I think they're going down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

I can't see that he's officially been sacked as of yet, last time it was strongly rumoured they then announced that he was staying and they hit some form, best thing they could do is probably something like that again, as still very popular amongst their fans so would probably have a galvanizing effect.

Very wise of Forest, hopefully doesn't give them too much of a boost before our game with them though, they probably should have made this announcement before Leeds game might have helped them.

13 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't think it'd be too bad for them - but they'd need to sell a couple of players.  Looking at their squad, you'd immediately say Johnson and Gibbs-White would have suitors and they'd be looking at at least £30m for the pair I reckon.

A few of their players are on short term deals until the end of the season (Navas, Lingard, Aurier, Ayew, Lodi on loan, Henderson on loan, Wood on loan (although might have heard they signed him?) which is probably a decent wage saving on this season.

I think their recent home draws against fellow strugglers have cost them (1-1 against Wolves, 2-2 against Everton) as they've been unable to pull away from the relegation zone with the majority of teams down there picking up unexpected points - which Forest just haven't done.  They've only won once away from home all season (1-0 at Southampton) and it's hard to see where their points are coming from out of:
Villa (A)
Man Utd (H)
Liverpool (A)
Brighton (H)
Brentford (A)
Southampton (H)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (H)
Palace (A)

That Southampton game at home is huge - very much a must win.  Where are another, what, 8 points(?) coming from though?  I think they're going down.

Yes - that looks dire. But you never know on the run in. There are always a few mad results - beat Southampton and on-the-beach Palace on the last day and scrape a draw somewhere (hopefully not this weekend) may be enough. Doubt it though.

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

That’s the feeling I’ve gotten. They are a sinking ship. 

If we get a lucky win then he may be ok, but if we turn them over 3-0 without them even getting a sniff (like we did Bournemouth) and other results go against them it's very hard to see him surviving.

38 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Yes - that looks dire. But you never know on the run in. There are always a few mad results - beat Southampton and on-the-beach Palace on the last day and scrape a draw somewhere (hopefully not this weekend) may be enough. Doubt it though.

Yeah those two are about as must win as you can get. After that…if we said 36 points was enough this season (and I’m not at all confident it will be), Southampton and Palace would take them to 33, unless they can hold out in their home games against the better sides (which could do us a favour in one or two instances), it’s very difficult to see them creeping up to my theoretical 36 point requirement.

Regardless of whether they go down or not, I'd be making Brennan Johnson our absolute number 1 target for the summer. Him where Bailey currently plays improves our team immeasurably. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

That’s the feeling I’ve gotten. They are a sinking ship. 

40 minutes ago, Mantis said:

If we get a lucky win then he may be ok, but if we turn them over 3-0 without them even getting a sniff (like we did Bournemouth) and other results go against them it's very hard to see him surviving.

I wouldn't be surprised, but I really don't think they should be sacking him.  Very good coach and would get them back at the first time of asking IMO.

• Like 2

Not so much a vote of confidence as an outright threat.

'We haven't sacked him but things have been bad and if they don't improve we will be sacking him'. Which means he's getting sacked, and they may as well have sacked him the second they even thought about putting that statement out, because he's completely undermined by it.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Regardless of whether they go down or not, I'd be making Brennan Johnson our absolute number 1 target for the summer. Him where Bailey currently plays improves our team immeasurably. 

Would just fit perfectly. And still only 21. 

4 hours ago, jim said:

Going down and couldn’t happen to a better club!

Its ok was a lot of Villa/Forest fans on here who loved they came back but owned by a scumbag

Buying 4 left backs bizarrely turned to be a bad idea

• Like 1

Â