Nottingham Forest

Demitri_C

37 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You know what history means, right? 

I think I've qualified why I think it's fair to state the clubs are similar in historical stature - you disagree because of pre-World War I honours and number of top flight seasons and that's absolutely fine.

I still see Derby as a bigger club than Forest tbh.

If Clough had stayed there long term instead of going to Leeds for his 44 days they'd have won a lot more aswell.

Derby have bigger support aswell. Against MK Franchise on Monday they had 27k, 30k against Ipswich in their previous home game. They're not even top 6 in league one.

When we played Forest at the City ground in our first season down in early 2017 the attendance was 20k which is incredible when we'd have taken 3k so only 17k home fans for a match that hadn't been played in nearly two decades.

Of course you could throw Leicester into the mix but that's them having their golden period now so a bit of an abnormal example.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I still see Derby as a bigger club than Forest tbh.

If Clough had stayed there long term instead of going to Leeds for his 44 days they'd have won a lot more aswell.

Derby have bigger support aswell. Against MK Franchise on Monday they had 27k, 30k against Ipswich in their previous home game. They're not even top 6 in league one.

When we played Forest at the City ground in our first season down in early 2017 the attendance was 20k which is incredible when we'd have taken 3k so only 17k home fans for a match that hadn't been played in nearly two decades.

Of course you could throw Leicester into the mix but that's them having their golden period now so a bit of an abnormal example.

And that there, that’s the biggest compliment you can give Smith. Leicester are now having their golden period.

Spoiler

:trollface: ;)

Neat and tidy but don't look like scoring. That usually doesn't end well.  It is very hard to stay up when you win the playoffs and have to buy a entire new side in about 2 months. As we nearly found out in our first year back. Cooper has done wonders at the club, and no doubt they will sack him off for all of his efforts.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I must be missing the part where we signed 30 players. 3 rights backs and 3 left backs and countless players on substantial money or fees that didn't kick a ball.

Something,  similar. 

Not the same. 

Similar. 

It worked for us, potentially not for them. 

10 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Should have signed davis when they had the chance to, they knew what they would get from him. ( yes out injured a fair bit) but a team player who had prem experience and fitted in well at the club.

They badly miss a forward and Davies would have been useful from what I saw of them against Manure. 

• Like 1

I’m not sure Davis was the answer, he looked well below PL standard for us. The owner pumped money in, it would have been madness to spend it on Davis.

Lingard would be good enough if he could be bothered, different kind of issue. Both bad ideas.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I’m not sure Davis was the answer, he looked well below PL standard for us. The owner pumped money in, it would have been madness to spend it on Davis.

Lingard would be good enough if he could be bothered, different kind of issue. Both bad ideas.

Some players just fit certain clubs, we've bought prolific strikers who have done little with us, moved them on and start scoring again. Davis brought other players like johnson more into scoring positions, they just don't have that target man now to hold things up

• Like 1

Â