Nottingham Forest

Demitri_C

They're in a very weird position - they've spent a lot of money and they're bottom and looking probably the most likely side to go at the end of the season. They must surely have pushed their FFP status out some and face having to sell off a lot of stuff if they go down.

Then on top of that, they looked for all the world like they were going to sack their manager and didn't, instead offering him a new contract, which means that if they do decide to take a risk and sack the manager in the hope that a bounce can keep them in the running, they'll now need to pay him a lot more compensation.

On paper, they've made the worst fist of this possible, it looks like a disaster waiting to happen from both a financial and sporting perspective.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

We lost to this team.

It was a draw but Liverpool did.

Edited by jim
  • Like 1

It's incredible how much they managed to shift the narrative on themselves. You would have found very few people that weren't happy to see them go up and didn't want them to make a good fist of it, but by going so overboard in the summer they've managed to make it so that now most would just find it funny if and when they go down.

They're only three points from safety and three points from us, their next two games are at home to Brentford and Palace, not beyond the realms of possibility that they could be ahead of us after those

I see they sacked their head of recruitment George Syrianos and head of scouting Andy Scott not long after Cooper signed his new deal, I guess they blame them rather than Cooper for their struggles. Maybe an indication that they're going to look to bring in more in January.

17 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

On paper, they've made the worst fist of this possible, it looks like a disaster waiting to happen from both a financial and sporting perspective.

Probably worthwhile seeing what they do after the World Cup. Obviously they've gone OTT with the signings, but if they can stay in touching distance then after world cup I expect a better showing.

Cooper is a good manager. I think they still have a chance despite the recruitment farce.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Shows what a good job it was to stay up in 19/20 for us

The covid break completely changed our season. There's a chance Forest look better after the World Cup, basically gives Cooper a 2nd preseason to bed them all together. 

Edited by Rds1983
  • Like 2

On 30/10/2022 at 16:34, OutByEaster? said:

They're in a very weird position - they've spent a lot of money and they're bottom and looking probably the most likely side to go at the end of the season. They must surely have pushed their FFP status out some and face having to sell off a lot of stuff if they go down.

Then on top of that, they looked for all the world like they were going to sack their manager and didn't, instead offering him a new contract, which means that if they do decide to take a risk and sack the manager in the hope that a bounce can keep them in the running, they'll now need to pay him a lot more compensation.

I think they rush up the table a bit after the WC.

On 31/10/2022 at 09:58, Zatman said:

Shows what a good job it was to stay up in 19/20 for us

We was definitely going down if the pandemic never  hit 

As for forest well they are dojng better than i thought they would be. Its not like they are a million miles a drift like the last few season seasons 

Edited by Demitri_C

• 2 months later...
Â