Midweek Football 16/19 May

andykeenan

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Ridiculous rule, one of the worst. You can do a rat Fernandes hop skip and a jump, but a keeper has to stand still until it's actually kicked?????

Yeah but they have 2 people and VAR looking at the keepers leg whilst not actually bothering to stop the hopscotch nonsense 

Keepers have adapted to it, its one foot on the line, seen a few stand behind the line and then move forward 

In theory it should be harder for the keeper than the attacker, a lot harder* but I was surprised there was no real mind games tonight, the forest keeper last night definitely got at them

* they need to do the penalty miss / save ball is dead rule IMO, a penalty is weighted so much in favour of the attacker that when the keeper pulls off a stop and it falls to same attacker for a tap in, I dont like that, reward the keeper and kill the play, they talked about it years ago but its gone away 

• Like 1

Good luck to the homes in sevilla tonight

I'm sure those lovely chaps that are rangers fans will go quietly into the night and definitely won't start throwing chairs into shop windows 

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Didn't  have you down as a left - footer. 

What I do find mildly amusing is how many rangers players now bless themselves on entering the pitch, which is something their fans gave Artur Boruc plenty of grief about when he'd do it before the start of an old firm game at ibrox - he did it before every game but "apparently" it was to wind the 'gers lot up and even reported him to the police for incitement if I remember correctly. 

Edited by mottaloo
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

What I do find mildly amusing is how many rangers players now bless themselves on entering the pitch, which is something their fans gave Artur Boruc plenty of grief about when he'd do it before the start of an old firm game at ibrox - he did it before every game but apparently it was to wind the 'gers lot up and even reported him to the police for incitement if I remember correctly. 

A penny for their thoughts.

• Haha 1

We should deffo hire a German as our penalty coach. 

Unlucky Rangers.

Grats Frankfurt. Its always special when its the first time a club wins a trophy of this size. I hope Frankfurt fans are having a wonderful time of it, a major milestone in their club history is being written.

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah but they have 2 people and VAR looking at the keepers leg whilst not actually bothering to stop the hopscotch nonsense 

Keepers have adapted to it, its one foot on the line, seen a few stand behind the line and then move forward 

In theory it should be harder for the keeper than the attacker, a lot harder* but I was surprised there was no real mind games tonight, the forest keeper last night definitely got at them

* they need to do the penalty miss / save ball is dead rule IMO, a penalty is weighted so much in favour of the attacker that when the keeper pulls off a stop and it falls to same attacker for a tap in, I dont like that, reward the keeper and kill the play, they talked about it years ago but its gone away 

I totally agree with this. Make it like in a shoot-out. The penalties given out these days, it makes it like basketball. No-one wants to see that (not basketball, obvs., just football becoming procedural). 

Bayern did the same with the league a few weeks back, I'm sure they then handed out the huge paulaner glasses to some of them too

What I loved about last night was the colours, looked like frankfurt had handed out 1€ white tshirts to their fans but it looked brilliant, rangers looked a mix bag of home shirts but they looked great too

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Frankfurt players let fans hold the cup and pose with it. Brilliant stuff.

u6dgtObN19PF0YJNTBCOh-BnInCFsFaVPlCiU2bQ

Can you imagine that. People will queue up and pay to be able to take a photo with a replica. Holding the real thing in the moment would be a moment you never forget

• Like 1

Â