Midweek Football 16/19 May

andykeenan

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Something needs to change tbh, pitch invasions are happening more and more, it's time to properly clamp down on this

You can't physically stop pitch invasions. Just have to make it a very idea, fines, bans etc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

You can't physically stop pitch invasions. Just have to make it a very idea, fines, bans etc.

I agree, if tens of thousands of people want to get onto the grass, they're going to. So you need to make them not want to.

I would fine them hugely, like a multiplier of their their matchday revenue and broadcast revenue for the game. PL club has a pitch invasion? Guess you're paying millions of pounds.

I'd also have harsh stadium bans from the first offence. Fans on the pitch? Maybe 3 games with no fans. Maybe things ramp up depending on numbers so you don't punish the entire fanbase for a single idiot of a couple of idiots, but by the time you have a dozen people on the pitch, **** you, you're playing behind closed doors.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I agree, if tens of thousands of people want to get onto the grass, they're going to. So you need to make them not want to.

I would fine them hugely, like a multiplier of their their matchday revenue and broadcast revenue for the game. PL club has a pitch invasion? Guess you're paying millions of pounds.

I'd also have harsh stadium bans from the first offence. Fans on the pitch? Maybe 3 games with no fans. Maybe things ramp up depending on numbers so you don't punish the entire fanbase for a single idiot of a couple of idiots, but by the time you have a dozen people on the pitch, **** you, you're playing behind closed doors.

I would be targeting the individuals as well though.

I've never minded pitch invasions, they're a great outpouring of emotion. But it's a bad week for them...

Scummy Vale fans attacking Swindon players in the middle of the pitch and by the dugout. A player shouldn't have to sprint from the pitch after a game. All caught on camera again so hopefully suitable punishments will be incoming. Police and stewards probably too busy spotting someone drinking or sneaking a fag in the stands. Stick the fences back up if that's what they want. 

9 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I would be targeting the individuals as well though.

I've never minded pitch invasions, they're a great outpouring of emotion. But it's a bad week for them...

what do you like about them out of interest? surely it would be an even bigger outpouring of emotion having the players on the field still and enjoying the moment with the fans?

39 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

what do you like about them out of interest? surely it would be an even bigger outpouring of emotion having the players on the field still and enjoying the moment with the fans?

Well the fans want to celebrate with the players. Of course it's uncontrollable chaos but its in good spirits. Until it's not...

7 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Well the fans want to celebrate with the players. Of course it's uncontrollable chaos but its in good spirits. Until it's not...

they don't celebrate 'with' them though. they bundle them, hang off their necks etc (see nyland in the carabao cup game vs leicester). whilst it might be in good spirits, these are elite athletes who have just done 90 and sometimes 120 mins of football and just don't need it.

i bet the players **** hate it...if they wanted to celebrate with the fans, they'd join them at the pub after the game. never do though do they, cause they don't want it.

Â