Match Thread: Leicester v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I do wonder why we love playing out from the back in and around our 18 yard area. It's absolutely ridiculous and no wonder we give away cheap goals so much.

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

What has happened to Bailey looks a shadow of the player from last year, absolutely no pace at all, surely that shouldn't diminish..I thought one of his attributes was his speed. 

Very lackluster performance. Not even sure what we need to do to change.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

"If you play like that again half of you will lose your places."

2pm next Saturday...."Aaton Villa make just one change for home game v Norwich with Ings coming in for Bailey....."

Well, that would be the right one tbf.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Dreadful stuff. People on these pages creaming themselves the last 3 years over Luiz. He is one of the flakiest I’ve seen in a Villa shirt. Attitude way too casual. Doesn’t care if he loses the ball. Doesn’t seem to bother him, that’s what bugs me. Ollie looks like he’s running in treacle again. Think he’s hit his ceiling . We badly need a new striker in the summer. 

Yet early on he set up an absolute sitter for Bailey with some very good play. 1-0 a different game. 

7 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I do wonder why we love playing out from the back in and around our 18 yard area. It's absolutely ridiculous and no wonder we give away cheap goals so much.

Leicester play out from the back but their defence is 40 yards up the pitch doing it that's the difference.

Bailey needs to be running into the spaces more often - when he has done we've looked dangerous. Just a shame the final ball has been woeful every time.

but no one closes them down, like we get closed down......We are actually awful without the ball, and not much better with it.

This is turgid stuff from us.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Not sure what Ashely Young has done to get on that list - I thought he was our best player in that half!

Bailey, Coutinho, McGinn should all be looking over their shoulders at the bench in the second half on those performances.

I was probably being a little harsh on Young, I'd rather see some youth on

• Like 1

watch any decent team unit and you will see them move cohesively and in sync. how many times do you see villa moving up the pitch as a unit, passing and moving, late runners coming into the box and supporting? This is the difference between getting points from a game or none at all. its not a surprise to me that we don't draw any games, the midfield isnt competitive enough and dosen't do enough to support moves

• Like 1