• Black Sabbath
    • Oasis
    • Lynard Skynard
    • The Allman Brothers
    • Coldplay
    • Nirvana
    • The Beatles
    • Queen

Prince may be a bit of a fruitcake but he's clearly a musical genius so doesn't really deserve a mention in this thread

I seem to find with bands that when they are mega popular and the greatest thing since sliced bread and bombarding the airwaves I don't like them ..once the hype has died down I tend to discover them in my own time and find I quite like them

Nirvana , The Smiths being examples in my case

I'm surprised no-one has said Muse - whilst I love their music and have heard they are amazing live, a few of my mates always say they're "really overrated".

Muse.

Good call.

Muse have their moments IMO. Better when not doing operatic/pseudo-futuristic nonsense though, and their lyrics are appalling.

Great live act, mind.

I find this fascinating. Many people not rating U2 (same riff in nearly every number) Oasis (excellent pub band) The Smiths (fall asleep when listening so cant comment). So who the hell buys their records to make them such "mega stars" ? It's like trying to find someone who voted for Thatcher - no-one admits to it.

Incidentally, Elvis was a damn good club singer; I actually backed him at East Birmingham Trades & Labour Club !

Well he said he was Elvis.

Actually what he said was"If you're a drummer ....."

veloman - i own all of oasis' and the smiths' stuff, easily two of the greatest bands of all time

i agree oasis are a glorified pub band, but you should try being in the pub...

as for the smiths they are a bit marmite and not every song is a winner but the majority of their stuff is excellent

veloman - i own all of oasis' and the smiths' stuff, easily two of the greatest bands of all timet

Aye - you could be right - its probably just my age. After all, I still think Steely Dan is the greatest band of all time.

veloman - i own all of oasis' and the smiths' stuff, easily two of the greatest bands of all timet

Aye - you could be right - its probably just my age. After all, I still think Steely Dan is the greatest band of all time.

yeah age has a huge impact on this, anyone said the libertines yet? with probably 15 lads my age shooting them down?!

like i said its sex pistols for me, no doubt amazing at the time but IMO completely inferior to the clash

Â