Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

sne

1 hour ago, will87 said:

Don't rate Phillips much tbh, should be nowhere near the England team.

I think he can play a certain role very well, unfortunately for England he is told to do stuff he is not particularly stand out at adding to the turgid tactics.

Is he good enough for City? I dont think so, £45 mil for them is nothing to get another home grown player on their books. He will play his part but not be a starter I imagine. 

Football badly needs a salary cap. The gap between the top teams and the rest is only going to get wider when these clubs can just pick away at the best players of the rest and hardly use them its a sad state.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Football badly needs a salary cap. The gap between the top teams and the rest is only going to get wider when these clubs can just pick away at the best players of the rest and hardly use them its a sad state.

Yeah it would be easy to implement as well. 23 man squad, max wage bill 4 million a week, averages to just under 174k a week. If you want to pay some barry big spuds 300k you can, but it's less for everyone else on the team.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Yeah it would be easy to implement as well. 23 man squad, max wage bill 4 million a week, averages to just under 174k a week. If you want to pay some barry big spuds 300k you can, but it's less for everyone else on the team.

Yep and it will stop them getting all these star players and keeps the league a lot fresher and more balanced. If Phillips or Grealish want to go to City then fine, they will be on about 150k where as they would be the star player at their boyhood clubs earning max money.

Something has to be done, this 5 subs rule is going to make it even more top heavy this season too.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Chelsea sending Werner + cash to Juve in exchange for de Ligt apparently.

Doesn't make sense for Juventus as they just lost Chiellini and Werner wouldn't play that much

26 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Philips will just rot on the bench. How boring. What a boring team. 

Nah he'll play, he'll get 30 starts and 40 games across all competitions

Saying he'll rot on the bench is an oversimplification of how pep is trying to suffocate the life out of the PL 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Arsenal agree fee for Jesus. 

Arsenal have been very good in the market lately, kinda annoying. Properly sorted themselves out now. 

12 months ago I thought we had a decent chance of catching them. 

Nope. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

12 months ago I thought we had a decent chance of catching them. 

Nope. 

The likes of LadBible convinced everyone they were shitter than they actually were having a good laugh at them

They dropped off but they were never a bad team, a team full of bad eggs was more the problem and they look like they've mostly gone now 

• Like 1

Â