Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

sne

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

I saw earlier that Mane is on about €400k a week at Bayern. It answers that question of why leave Liverpool then.

I dont believe that as he would be on nearly 80k a week more than Lewandowski and make him easily the highest paid player

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont believe that as he would be on nearly 80k a week more than Lewandowski and make him easily the highest paid player

Most of the stories that come up when googling his new salary are in that region (obviously, they could all be wrong).

5 hours ago, penguin said:

Looks like West Ham about to sign Areola for £10m, underrated player imo and a great pick up at that price.

You reckon we should have nipped him? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Derby have an underrated academy, have been producing a lot of good players recently, United bought a couple of U16s off them and Brighton signed one as well, we signed Kellyman, Liverpool signed Kaide Gordon, Chelsea signed Dylan Williams, Ebosele signed for Udinese, Palace have signed Ebiowei and Plange.

jack Thompson the U16 goalkeeper apparently being watched by all the bigger academies.

Then there's the slightly older young players that they've produced like Sibley, Knight, Buchanan and Bird.

5 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Liverpool just don't pay huge wages, I think the most they pay is £180k.

Yet their wage bill is £100m more than anyone apart from City, Utd and Chelsea. It’s such a media myth they don’t pay big wages. 

5 hours ago, Genie said:

I saw earlier that Mane is on about €400k a week at Bayern. It answers that question of why leave Liverpool then.

He wasnt leaving for a pay cut. It's the same reason Salah will leave them, more money on offer elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Liverpool linked to Bellingham. That Coutinho money certainly goes far doesn't it ;)

I believe they still have money left over from the Michael Owen transfer as well 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yet their wage bill is £100m more than anyone apart from City, Utd and Chelsea. It’s such a media myth they don’t pay big wages. 

Hmmm, so really they should be finishing around 4th spot each year instead of pushing possibly the richest club in world football all the way. Seems like the media have got this one spot on.

3 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Hmmm, so really they should be finishing around 4th spot each year instead of pushing possibly the richest club in world football all the way. Seems like the media have got this one spot on.

What an odd take, but whatever keeps you happy 

Ten Haag masterplan buy all Ajax players/ex Ajax players/Eredivise players he knows. 

Don't see it working tbh and also seems a really weirdly limited viewpoint for a 'top manager'. 

• Like 2

Saw him at ajax and thought he was a great player

Saw him at koeman's barca and thought he was dog and duck, utter phoning it in garbage for his dead man walking manager 

Not sure which one will turn up at utd but they've spent a decade buying the latter 

Â