Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

sne

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Actually sums up the English transfer prices

Personally i think he's a great player and still so young at 23...but there is some truth to your post. PL is the best league in the World, hence the price!

Barring injuries in a few years he will be a top player; just needs to leave Wet Spam.

8 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Personally i think he's a great player and still so young at 23...but there is some truth to your post. PL is the best league in the World, hence the price!

Barring injuries in a few years he will be a top player; just needs to leave Wet Spam.

I dont see it, he is a good ball winner but isnt great on the ball to play for a top team. Only United would waste that money for a limited ball winner

PL is just a overpriced inflated league, would have a claim for the best if they actually dominated the European trophies :P  Only 3 English teams have won a Europeamn trophy in the last 25 years

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont see it, he is a good ball winner but isnt great on the ball to play for a top team. Only United would waste that money for a limited ball winner

PL is just a overpriced inflated league, would have a claim for the best if they actually dominated the European trophies :P  Only 3 English teams have won a Europeamn trophy in the last 25 years

Same, I think he's good in the tackle (KW) good in the air, good at breaking play up and actually has decent passing stats percentage wise but if you compare him to the likes rodri he's not that

He's 20 years too late in that position, it's evolved at the top level and he's a bit of a throw back

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Same, I think he's good in the tackle (KW) good in the air, good at breaking play up and actually has decent passing stats percentage wise but if you compare him to the likes rodri he's not that

He's 20 years too late in that position, it's evolved at the top level and he's a bit of a throw back

Yep he is fine player for what he does but I dont think he wins nearly as many caps for Spain, Italy, France etc if he was eligible

Him and Phillips from the bigger national teams look way out of place compared to other teams midfields. Croatia started Brozovic, Modric and Kovacic away to France last night, not a clogger in the 3

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

You perhaps don't watch much of England but he's always a dominant performer for me. OK very defensive so doesn't catch the eye and score goals but I thought he was very good in the match against Italy last week. I think subjectively you aren't going to see it though. You are like this with other English players are you not, seems to be a running thread to bash England as much as possible?

Not sure I agree, English teams regularly qualify, get to the latter stages and/or finals. The CL final just recently was a close affair, could have gone either way. To be honest I don't care too much and I'm glad English teams aren't winning it every year because it keeps Villa as elite.

It is often agreed the English league is the strongest per team, some of the best players are in the PL. but this is actually all because of Spain, they started the high transfer fees, wages, Galacticos and the PL had to respond. Blame the Spanish league for over-pricing...

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

You perhaps don't watch much of England but he's always a dominant performer for me. OK very defensive so doesn't catch the eye and score goals but I thought he was very good in the match against Italy last week. I think subjectively you aren't going to see it though. You are like this with other English players are you not, seems to be a running thread to bash England as much as possible?

Not sure I agree, English teams regularly qualify, get to the latter stages and/or finals. The CL final just recently was a close affair, could have gone either way. To be honest I don't care too much and I'm glad English teams aren't winning it every year because it keeps Villa as elite.

It is often agreed the English league is the strongest per team, some of the best players are in the PL. but this is actually all because of Spain, they started the high transfer fees, wages, Galacticos and the PL had to respond. Blame the Spanish league for over-pricing...

I think West Ham fans are part of the Southgate "he doesn't play like that for his club" club but I think what Southgate has him doing for England is what he's good at and why he won't be a £100m CL player, he's really deep, links up the simple 5 to 10 yard passes between the CBs the full backs and phillips, he'll make 50 of those training drill passes a game without a care in the world because that's what Southgate wants him to, doing it 30 yards further up the pitch in traffic though? Rodri for example is the best in the league in the position, on the ball he's miles ahead of rice, so are the likes of jorghino, even kante on the quiet is a great ball player 

Southgate is a manager who sets us up based on what the opposition do focuses on stopping their football and rice is a good player in that set up, top teams and top managers set themselves up based on what they want to do, on the football that they want to play and that's where I would seriously question if rice fits in 

6 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Mings, Watkins and Grealish I love to abuse especially wearing a Villa jersey 😛 Pretty sure the only English players I bash are the shit ones like Maguire :P  A lot though are ridiculously overhyped, Phillips for me is the obvious example

Rice is a better player for West Ham because they play to his strengths of not dominating possession. For England and a high level Champions League team they need to dominate possession. It would be like a top team signing Mile Jedinak in 2013 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I think West Ham fans are part of the Southgate "he doesn't play like that for his club" club but I think what Southgate has him doing for England is what he's good at and why he won't be a £100m CL player, he's really deep, links up the simple 5 to 10 yard passes between the CBs the full backs and phillips, he'll make 50 of those training drill passes a game without a care in the world because that's what Southgate wants him to, doing it 30 yards further up the pitch in traffic though? Rodri for example is the best in the league in the position, on the ball he's miles ahead of rice, so are the likes of jorghino, even kante on the quiet is a great ball player 

Southgate is a manager who sets us up based on what the opposition do focuses on stopping their football and rice is a good player in that set up, top teams and top managers set themselves up based on what they want to do, on the football that they want to play and that's where I would seriously question if rice fits in 

Man.City are so far encamped in the opponent's half they need a player like Rodri, I agree Rice is not that player.

Perhaps it was you who mentioned it earlier, he is a bit of a throwback. Maybe that's why I like him...

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The main difference between England and Germany is their holding midfielders. Comparing Kimmich to Rice is almost cruel.

England are lucky to at least have some killer right backs.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Zatman said:

It's overpriced because all the clubs are incredibly rich.

But it is also the "best" league for the talent pool, to be honest.  Precisely because of the richness of the clubs.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

So Conte demands Paratici sign Bissouma, Spence, Eriksen, Richarlison, Bastoni, Pau Torres and Raphinha (plus Perisic)? Sounds reasonable.

If so maybe Villa could get Kulusevski and Bentancur on loan as they wouldn’t get to play much.

More likely Oliver Skipp and Bergwijn if they pull all that off!

Just now, Zatman said:

Bergwijn seems to want out immediately

Ajax want him so seems Spurs will just sell him for what they paid so pretty good deal really. Hasn't really worked out but two and a half years later don't make much of a loss.

Moura will probably leave also and they'll have Kuluveski to cover any injuries to Kane and Son.

Â