Season tickets 2022/23

OutByEaster?

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I just got a drawstring badge for 500 points.

When we were crap you used to be able to get a  pre match meal and  a drink in the corner flag restaurant, ,and usually a former player popped in.  They then moved it to the Holte Suite and now it is just entrance only to the 1874 bar. Hardly worth doing.

• Like 1

Matchday ticket prices:

Category A - £59 / £54.50 / £50.50 / £41.50 (4 zones in stadium)

Category B - £44 / £39.50 / £36.50 / £35

Pretty expensive but in line with the increases to season ticket prices.

Id expect tickets to be slightly easier to get this season, but every match still sell out.

Edited by ender4

I think I'll sign up for membership as a way to get some tickets and get my son and I over to Birmingham for a couple of games.

I feel for folks who go every other week with the price increases so I can't complain if it's 3/4 games over the season. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Annoying about the increases but a lot of clubs have more expensive tickets than us. For example Fulham have some at £100!

Yeah someone posted Wolves matchday prices and they're in 35-40 quid range. Not sure on Leicester.

Problem here though is we need to start qualifying for europe and winning stuff given both of those have done those things in last five seasons. It's certainly not pricing to finish 14th in league and go out of domestic cups early so pressure on club.

Will certainly pick and choose Cat B matches now as assumed 30 quid would be cheapest price for the second tier games, not sure we'll sell out Southampton on that Friday evening as doubt they'll sell out their full allocation.

• Like 2

Now we’ve sold out, I wonder what the waiting list is. Can’t see myself getting anywhere near one because the people who have just signed up for one arnt going to give those up anytime soon. How are we selling out now when we are generally quite poor and yet when we were 5th/6th in the league most tickets would go to general sale! Still baffles me. 😂

Edited by CLARETANDBLUEFOXY

39 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Now we’ve sold out, I wonder what the waiting list is. Can’t see myself getting anywhere near one because the people who have just signed up for one arnt going to give those up anytime soon. How are we selling out now when we are generally quite poor and yet when we were 5th/6th in the league most tickets would go to general sale! Still baffles me. 😂

Because we have a bright up and coming manager who has been there and done it as a player and a young, vibrant squad of players, the best squad we’ve had for a decade or so. I am optimistic ahead of the new season, I hope others feel the same

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Because we have a bright up and coming manager who has been there and done it as a player and a young, vibrant squad of players, the best squad we’ve had for a decade or so. I am optimistic ahead of the new season, I hope others feel the same

I would say that the Premier League is even more of a bigger product than back in the MON years (2006-2010). That was when it was starting to become a true global product but it is massive now all around the world. Plus I would say that Birmingham itself has changed quite a bit since then with the city centre becoming more gentrified and may contain pockets of new Villa support. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I would say that the Premier League is even more of a bigger product than back in the MON years (2006-2010). That was when it was starting to become a true global product but it is massive now all around the world. Plus I would say that Birmingham itself has changed quite a bit since then with the city centre becoming more gentrified and may contain pockets of new Villa support. 

I think you are correct

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I know myself, my family and some people I know have renewed out of loyalty, out of because that’s what we do every season and we don’t want to give up our season tickets.

It’s bizarrely one of the first times we’ve thought about not renewing due to footballing reasons and not personal reasons.  The rise of the season ticket price for my elderly mother was ridiculous, the transportation issues are the worst I can remember in my forty years and then many of us are unconvinced Gerrard was the right hire.  

We did renew but out of loyalty with a tinge of not being able to see the Villa re the waiting list.  I do wonder if there wasn’t a season ticket waiting list whether we would’ve given up our tickets and took it game by game, I guess we’ll never know.

The club has fantastic owners, great infrastructure, great young players and one of the best squads we’ve had but on the pitch for the last 18 months has generally been poor.  After Smith went, I was hopeful we would bring in the next level manager and was heavily disappointed we brought in a fairly inexperienced manager in Gerrard who essentially got the job off his playing name and relationship with Purslow.  I loved him as a player, I have no hatred for him as a player although some might for another teams player.

No way would we have hired somebody with his managerial experience without the name or relationship to the CEO.  We gave him a chance but so far he’s been unconvincing on the pitch but is great in interviews and recruiting players.  

I’ve renewed because of blind hope that Gerrard can at some point match the on the pitch with the quality he’s showing in other areas.  I can’t say I’m optimistic for the season at the moment but my loyalty to the Villa meant I renewed my season ticket and I will give 110% support at the games, I just hope they give something back this season.

I see where you’re coming from to a degree but I believe it is important to be optimistic not just in football but in life generally. For me, as long as the players give 100% on the pitch, any quality that they provide is an added bonus. The club will always have my support, football is all I’ve ever known. I believe in the project at this football club, it will take some time to come to fruition but we as fans just need to be patient

58 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I see where you’re coming from to a degree but I believe it is important to be optimistic not just in football but in life generally. For me, as long as the players give 100% on the pitch, any quality that they provide is an added bonus. The club will always have my support, football is all I’ve ever known. I believe in the project at this football club, it will take some time to come to fruition but we as fans just need to be patient

I’ve been here for forty odd years and probably will be for another forty years, the club will always have my support like they did with my mom, her father and before that, it’s our blood.  We are very patient.

I still will question along the way.  

I don’t think the last season they gave 100% on the pitch which is a major part of my issue.  I can almost forgive the season ticket price increases and transport issues but the performances on the pitch under both managers has been poor last season.

I believe in the owners project, the off the field stuff but the on the field has been poor.  I’m not talking about winning or league position, I’m just sick of walking away from Villa Park disappointed at the performance just been delivered that’s why I questioned whether to renew my season ticket.  Not because we lost but I don’t think we were getting back from the players and the coaching team what we were giving with full houses week after week and seeing as Gerrard meant to make a difference, he wasn’t.

It’s early days but I didn’t see anything to give me hope hence why I questioned whether to renew but as a Villa fan I always have blind hope so renewed.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Now we’ve sold out, I wonder what the waiting list is. 

I can give you a rough idea.

I’m now somewhere between 4000th and 6000th in the waiting list. I know there are at least 12,000 on the waiting list behind me. 

So the waiting list is at least 16,000 to maybe 20,000 long. 

The waiting list is then closed to new people, so there are probably a few thousand waiting to get on the waiting list. 

So around 17,000 (minimum) to 22,000 who are waiting to buy a season ticket.

The earliest most of these people can now get a season ticket is in 2025/26, because for 23/24 and 24/25 our capacity is reduced whilst the North stand is rebuilt.

By that time, I expect the official waiting list and the people waiting to get into the waiting list to be around 30,000!

• Like 1

I'm after ticket advice 

Does anyone know the hospitality prices?

I'm after the cost of watching a game in the 82 lounge or the 82 restaurant, it would be a gold game 

Can see all the details of what's included but not the cost 

Im on a mailing list as I’ve previously booked hospitality when they had a special offer on. 

They emailed the other day re priority access for previous bookers. Anyway, the email said:

Lounge options at a silver graded fixture start from £110 plus vat per person in our Gas Lamp Premium, or restaurant options from £220 plus vat per person in our Eighty Two Restaurant.

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm after ticket advice 

Does anyone know the hospitality prices?

I'm after the cost of watching a game in the 82 lounge or the 82 restaurant, it would be a gold game 

Can see all the details of what's included but not the cost 

See above, forgot to quote you.

• Thanks 1

All, this thread is for season tickets, not match tickets or hospitality. As per the posting guidelines, if there isn't already a thread, start a new one.