Aston Villa Kits 22/23

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

No, that's not what I mean. The club can keep the sponsor, I don't care what the players wear and they can parade the Cazoo logo worldwide whilst playing football and that's fine. But if i'm going to buy a shirt for me, then I want it without the sponsor. I'd even pay more for it, like I did with the Kappa top. 

I refuse to buy a top with the sponsor cos I think they look ugly af. Just a personal choice and at the end of the day, if they offers customers a shirt without the sponsor they'd have 1 more sale in me. 

That's a choice that is yours to make and I completely understand it. It's been a long time since we had a shirt without a paid sponsor, other than the Acorns one which was really excellent. At least we haven't got a betting company or something embarrassing plastered on our shirts.  

image.jpeg.65225a8807f31aaa063647d7b18f4d98.jpeg image.jpeg.8d6cb5cd2f140db346cc9ad1d87b003c.jpeg image.jpeg.b021868cb8fe49b24d5cddd535e4799c.jpeg Tigers secure 'Cash' injection Brighton and Hove News » Former Brighton and Hove Albion striker jailed  over breath test after defence fails to save him

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

No, that's not what I mean. The club can keep the sponsor, I don't care what the players wear and they can parade the Cazoo logo worldwide whilst playing football and that's fine. But if i'm going to buy a shirt for me, then I want it without the sponsor. I'd even pay more for it, like I did with the Kappa top. 

I refuse to buy a top with the sponsor cos I think they look ugly af. Just a personal choice and at the end of the day, if they offered customers a shirt without the sponsor they'd have 1 more sale in me. 

I know it's an unfair comparison - because what they actually pay for is the TV and media exposure - but you have to consider that Cazoo are paying £14m a season for the privilege of being on the shirt - if we sell (and I'm being generous) 100,000 of those shirts, that's £140 per shirt - would you pay an additional £140 to buy them off?

Well it looks like a Villa kit. Always a good start.

Before I said too much, I thought I would check the pricing. It does look a tad heavy, especially on the kids ranges, where the pressure to purchase may be greatest. 

What's all the concern about sizing. In the good old days a family of 4 could have slept in one of the old Umbro shirts!😃

Edited by Lochheads twin

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Eye watering prices on the gear and they've not even **** tried. It's the most generic kit ever, basically a copy and paste job of a few components of the last 3 years.

It's absolute tat. Under Armour was better than this but hey , we can gouge the fans a bit more on this deal.

Sod off.

Under armour couldn’t differentiate the between purple and claret. Home jersey first season in the championship was tragic. 

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I know it's an unfair comparison - because what they actually pay for is the TV and media exposure - but you have to consider that Cazoo are paying £14m a season for the privilege of being on the shirt - if we sell (and I'm being generous) 100,000 of those shirts, that's £140 per shirt - would you pay an additional £140 to buy them off?

As you said, they're paying for TV and media coverage mainly, being all over the website, on the pitch side banners, on our player back boards after the game.

If you assume more like 2mill goes towards the brand being on fans shirts, and we sell a more realistic 50,000 shirts, it works out an extra £40 per fan shirt. 

I might be tempted at that price extra....if it wasn't already £65 in the first place.

Either way,  I'm not sure they get much exposure from being on fans shirts.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Andrew Marr is on Sunday on BBC1, voice your concerns as to the state of the economy there please. 

Villa are a business, you want shiny players, shiny facilities, new developments to the stadium? Pay for them. 

This is absolute BS.

The season ticket increase made the club under £3m. Kit price will make them under £1m. That won't buy much will it? Sanson's contract for one year?

It makes barely any difference. All the real money the club makes is from sponsors, transfers and TV.

Not even saying the club are 'wrong' to do it - they have their reasons. But to pretend fans have to pay more for their children's kits to get a better team on the pitch is a virtue signalling fallacy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

This is absolute BS.

The season ticket increase made the club under £3m. Kit price will make them under £1m. That won't buy much will it? Sanson's contract for one year?

It makes barely any difference. All the real money the club makes is from sponsors, transfers and TV.

Not even saying the club are 'wrong' to do it - they have their reasons. But to pretend fans have to pay more for their children's kits to get a better team on the pitch is a virtue signalling fallacy. 

Don't think kit price makes us anything directly. Selling more makes us a more attractive proposition to whoever we sign  contracts with next. 

2 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

The kit itself is nice, but "Search. Drive. Smile." makes me feel quite ill.

2 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Feel we are getting Cazooed!

This is what a Cazoo means to me....

search, mouth, blow

much better 🤪

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There is a lot of moaning in this thread...

Playing Devil's Advocate here: the club has to increase revenue and this is one way of doing it.

We have World Class players at Villa now and a new redevelopment of Villa Park. It isn't free to provide that.

Personally I quite like the kit.

Don’t think it that’s bad, not that I really care as I don’t buy club merchandise. What I do know is people  in general will find something to moan about when something is new. 

• Like 1

Not particularly enthusiastic about the shirt. The V pattern is tacky. The air holes are tacky. The neck line isn't sharp looking. The additional Cazoo branding is really annoying. I'm not spending $80 on that.

47 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

This is absolute BS.

Transfers and TV for sure, but Villa's deal with Cazoo is only £6m a year which according to you will barely make a difference. Having looked at one for my company, the partnership deals with the club are £300k a year so not exactly bringing in the mega bucks either. 

Maybe I would have been better off saying the reason the shirts and other paraphernalia has gone up is due to the astronomical price increase of materials, transport, labor and all the other shit that has contributed to the ludicrous inflation rate we are currently enjoying. 

Edited by Steero113