Aston Villa Kits 22/23

Demitri_C

Whilst not villa related is it just me or does the Castore England cricket stuff not look white? It has a bizzare blue tinge to it like someone is shining a UV blue light on it?

:mellow:

Aston Villa shirt sponsor Cazoo to cut 750 jobs in £200m savings drive

Aston Villa shirt sponsor and principal partner Cazoo is set to cut 750 jobs 'across the business' as it looks to cut costs, it was announced today.

Villa are set to enter a third year with the online car seller as their main shirt sponsor for the forthcoming 2022/23 Premier League campaign.

Cazoo said the decision had been made to scale the business down to a more sustainable size. "It is expected that the combination of these initiatives will result in cash savings to the company’s budget of over £200m during the period from June 1, 2022 to December 31, 2023 with approximately 750 roles being impacted across the business,” the company said in a statement.

There is no suggestion that the cuts will have any impact on Villa's sponsorship deal with Cazoo. The company were announced as Villa shirt sponsors in 2020 in a multi-year deal worth in the region of £6 million annually. Their branding has featured on the playing kits and training wear of all Villa sides over the past two seasons.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-cazoo-job-cuts-24163692

On 01/06/2022 at 08:54, fightoffyour said:

Get yer pallet out of the lads

Quite like them all, at least until @Davkauspointed out the difference in colour of the badge on the away kit. At least one of those shades is wrong, possibly even both if they’re not the same as the sleeves on the home shirt.

The home shirt reminds me of the Hummel shirt we had.

I won't be buying a jersey with a printed badge , if they offer a proper badge for a premium price , then I have no problems paying that. I can pick up cheap printed jerseys in a market for a tenth of the price if I wanted

25 minutes ago, pete101 said:

I won't be buying a jersey with a printed badge , if they offer a proper badge for a premium price , then I have no problems paying that. I can pick up cheap printed jerseys in a market for a tenth of the price if I wanted

Other way round! 

The printed badge will be on the premium shirt as its the one the players wear and they want it lightweight 

• Like 1

On 03/06/2022 at 00:56, MrBlack said:

Wonder if the sleeves will be built to be the same scale as the body instead of 3 sizes smaller. 

I won't miss Kappa.

Castore can't be any worse.

Please don't tell me you're one of those who prefers the OLD jersey style of Frock sized sleeves ffs. lol

In general, better fitted sleeves look better on everyone ( regardless of body type ) IMO.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Other way round! 

The printed badge will be on the premium shirt as its the one the players wear and they want it lightweight 

However, I think the pro version has the ‘v’ chevrons going down the claret part where as the fan version is just plain claret 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Please don't tell me you're one of those who prefers the OLD jersey style of Frock sized sleeves ffs. lol

In general, better fitted sleeves look better on everyone ( regardless of body type ) IMO.

I don't like a massive sleeve, no, but one that doesn't cut into my arm would be preferable. I don't work out and don't have "big" biceps by any stretch, so no idea how those that do would get along with them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I want us to have one of those magical Man City sleeves that results in no handball 

Or one that doesn't extend the area considered to be Watkins shoulder when VAR are reviewing whether he's offside.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 3