Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 hours ago, WHY said:

Tielemans is our McGinn other clubs fans rave about them but their own fans don’t particularly rate them. Leicester fans don’t want Tielemans in the starting 11 for example. In fact most want him gone. 

Swap!

2 hours ago, pete101 said:

Another quality DM in the mold of Kamara that can play CB might be short term answer, rather than going out and getting an out and out CB 

tbf we have the budget version of Kamara already here in Luiz, but we dont play him.

If we dont sign another midfielder, imo Luiz & Kamara should be in that midfield 3, or 2 in a double pivot, Luiz AND Kamara would offer much better control.

Then the third slot can go to McGinn, Ramsey, Timmy etc.

I do hope we sign another midfielder tho, although tbh, im starting to think our business is done.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

urm.

Its mid August.

There are 18 days left of the transfer window.

My comment was just a slight dig at those that said something similar when I claimed we were done towards the end of June.
We signed Augustinsson just after then on Loan, but I still maintained that we wouldn’t be spending any money on transfers. I appear to almost be correct… 

All harmless banter of course. 

Edited by Tayls

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Would Amadou Onana been the type of midfielder, we should have been in for?....or would it have stifled the pathway for Tim Iroegbunam?

On paper he is exactly what we need and a name I wanted us to sign but you’re right Iroegbunam could be just as good or better and spending £30mill on a prospect when we have potentially one of our own didn't make sense in this instance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Would Amadou Onana been the type of midfielder, we should have been in for?....or would it have stifled the pathway for Tim Iroegbunam?

Looked promising yesterday. Strong athletic and a real turn of pace for a 6ft4 in DM.

Saying that, if he's signed for Everton he will no doubt turn out to be absolute shite.

• Haha 1

Onana has half a season of top flight football and cost £35m. Was mostly a sub for Lille last season but played quite a lot of minutes the season before in the second division for Hamburg.

Would be quite something if we'd made him our club record signing or just about. It's a huge gamble by Everton but he might be worth it, or not.

We did sign Kamara who plays the same role and I much rather have him, especially since he was a "free" transfer.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Tim’s got time on his hands, if we sign a midfielder in the style of Onana then Tim will still get plenty of pitch time and when really ready, if good enough, would compete with Kamara and the new midfielder for a place in the starting first XI.

Also in a year or two we are likely to lose Kamara to an elite club and thus Tim can step in as a full time replacement.

• Like 1