Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Is this reliable or ITK rubbish?

Denayer could be a decent option on a free if Carlos is out for most of the season, him and Mings could actually be a decent partnership.

It still doesn't resolve the all-important CM issue though which just seems to be ignored season after season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Denayer could be a decent option on a free if Carlos is out for most of the season, him and Mings could actually be a decent partnership.

It still doesn't resolve the all-important CM issue though which just seems to be ignored season after season.

Just had a look at the players still available on a free and Florian Grillitsch is still without a club, would be a decent option for midfield if we could shift a few players.

32 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If we finish the window with only Kamara as a new player in starting XI (Carlos possibly out for a while), then we aren't finishing in the top 10.  Simple as.

You are probably right, although it's possible we could get more out of our current team. 

That said, I am convinced the club is working hard to get people in if that is what they feel is needed. It's a tough market, competition is fierce and price kind of crazy. 

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Just had a look at the players still available on a free and Florian Grillitsch is still without a club, would be a decent option for midfield if we could shift a few players.

Why is he still available though?

21 minutes ago, daft said:

You are probably right, although it's possible we could get more out of our current team. 

That said, I am convinced the club is working hard to get people in if that is what they feel is needed. It's a tough market, competition is fierce and price kind of crazy. 

Not with Gerrard as manager.

20 minutes ago, daft said:

Why is he still available though?

Maybe he's that good he has so many offers his agent is still going through them all.

• Thanks 1

People really don't understand how key the entire way the team plays is based around Carlos and Kamara being press resistant players who can pass the ball.

We lose Carlos from that and it fundamentally cripples the way we intend to play. It's absolutely critical we essentially write off that transfer now and sign a new ball playing CB if at all possible. Our entire season hinges on this CB signing.

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

People really don't understand how key the entire way the team plays is based around Carlos and Kamara being press resistant players who can pass the ball.

We lose Carlos from that and it fundamentally cripples the way we intend to play. It's absolutely critical we essentially write off that transfer now and sign a new ball playing CB if at all possible. Our entire season hinges on this CB signing.

Weren't we linked with Maxence Lacroix before the window opened?  Someone like that would be perfect.

• Like 1

Now we should be going out to try and sign the CB that we would have wanted next summer. At least we’ll have another quality CB that can partner Carlos when he returns and we won’t be wasting money as it’s going to be someone for the long-term.

Scrap any deal for a striker and focus on CB and CM.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Now we should be going out to try and sign the CB that we would have wanted next summer. At least we’ll have another quality CB that can partner Carlos when he returns and we won’t be wasting money as it’s going to be someone for the long-term.

Scrap any deal for a striker and focus on CB and CM.

My thoughts exactly, bring that signing forward a year.

• Like 2

We need to go out and sign a top quality defender like Diego Carlos now to replace him for what’s likely going to be the season. 

The big problem is that’s very difficult and unfortunately I expect very unlikely this window so we’re just back to where we ended last season. 

27 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Same bloke said West Ham are interested in Mings. Take whatever he posts with a big pinch of salt. 

What makes you think West Ham aren't/weren't interested in Mings? He's one of the best CBs in the league, I'm sure most clubs would be interested. Doesn't mean we didn't tell them to **** off.

• Like 1

Came on here to ponder the idea of someone like Denayer. As far as I know much like Carlos he's often played on the left side of CB as well despite being right footed, also quite quick and decent on the ball. Wouldn't be the worst shout on a free given the circumstances 

He wouldn't be at the standard of Carlos though I don't think, and even if the club look to sign another CB I guess their attitude like with other positions would still be one of not just signing one for the sake of it if they aren't exactly who they want.

• Like 1