Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Interesting is about 100 negative tweets/articles at moment and he dismisses this one randomly

Yes, this is interesting because any sensible person would question them all - critical faculties to the fore. We all have our views on social media, sports journalism etc. but for me most of it is not to be believed.

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Interesting is about 100 negative tweets/articles at moment and he dismisses this one randomly

Now you are sending my brain into overload of conspiracy questions…

giphy.gif

On 07/08/2022 at 19:41, Delphinho123 said:

This idea that we shouldn’t sign any more players with Gerrard in charge is a bit daft if you ask me. The modus operandi should be to ‘sign good football players’ regardless of the manager. We need to continue to try to improve the starting XI in the next few weeks and if Gerrard continues to fail as a manager, then we just get rid and bring somebody else in to work with the good players we’ve signed. 

Well that's **** stupid. What if a new manager comes in and wants to play 3 at the back, or wants a heavy focus on wing play with a deeper lying forward and goal scoring midfielders? We instead have forwards suited to two up top and are actively looking for another number 8 despite having about 19 underutilised central midfielders in the squad. Not to mention our wide players have been completely struck from the squad despite us consistently running out of ideas and resorting to aimless crosses from our full-backs. You don't buy players for the sake of it.. we've already done that with Buendia and Coutinho and are now having to force one of them onto the bench because the manager has the tactical flexibility of an old sock. You buy players to fit a pattern of play in a coherent system, neither of which we have.

The only reason why we might want to capitalise at the moment is because Gerrard seems, on the face of it, to draw in a higher calibre of player with his name. That's about it. However why we would want to do that when our performances under him have been borderline relegation material is beyond me. 

26 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I thought he was more into baseball.

It did always make me laugh how Star Trek: TOS to Voyager was set 300-400 years in the future, but the crews managed to have the same boomer interests as the boomers who wrote the shows, like supporting the Cubs, re-enacting westerns and Humphrey Bogart films, and fixing classic American cars.

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We need to blacklist that site tbh 

I hate that site too. But they called a few things long before they came out as true. They may just be speculating, or may occasionally get some good info.

Jack to city, they called it first, and Dean Smith being under scrutiny just before the last season started.

18 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Anyone from Betis that could interest us? They aren’t able to register their new signings I haven’t properly looked at their squad but maybe a bargain to be looked at? 

Maybe our bid for Canales will finally be accepted.

• Like 1