Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

I think it's highly likely there will be no one coming in today.

It's obvious to everybody in the football world (except perhaps Purslow) that Gerrard is going to be sacked in the next 2-3 weeks. Any sensible player would hold fire on joining Villa knowing that new managers always want to put their own stamp on a squad.

I am so pig sick of the mess that this club is in I consider retaining Luiz as the best outcome today.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I agree but he’s the best DM, we don’t need to move players from their best position

Hmmm....I wish someone would tell that to Steven Gerrard.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

You have to actually put the ball into the strikers near or in the box to score goals. 

Apparently only liverpool and man city have entered the final third more than us .. laughable stuff i know 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Ideally we can be ambitious and sign Tielemans, Tie a new deal for Luiz 🖊… bring in a CB and if im being greedy get a new central forward 

Then you woke up from your dream.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Tielemans is never signing for us now. If we had won our first 4 games maybe.

Do u really think a player would make a decision this important to his career based on whether we won our first 4 games or not. There are so many factors that would come ahead of that imo. 

I would be more relaxed in Luiz leaving had we already lined up a replacement. Usually I would agree in selling a player now is better than a player happy to run down his contract. This has been rumbling on all year so again it seems poor management by the club leaving it so late in the window.

• Like 1

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Do u really think a player would make a decision this important to his career based on whether we won our first 4 games or not. There are so many factors that would come ahead of that imo. 

Maybe is an important word there.

Probably been posted already, from Romano:

If it's Konsa or Bednarak.. Bednarek is looking like Maldini to me right now.

“I think Bednarek remains an option for Aston Villa. He could be an option in the next 24 hours and they are trying to complete this deal.”

How to destroy a club in 9 months.

Even the recruitment suddenly looks terrible in the context of the Manager with Kamara the only one notable improvement on the team that crumbled last season. Why spend £135m on Sanson, Buendia, Bailey, Ings, Coutinho if they hardly play? Its hardly improved us has it? Our #8 list seems to have only run to option C after Bentancur, Philips and Bissouma - they have given up on that seemingly.