Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Going back in for Sarr would be the clearest indication that Gerrard is on his way out. Sarr has (supposedly) been a club target for a while now and it was widely reported last week that it was Gerrard's decision not to sign him...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, thejoker said:

Going back in for Sarr would be the clearest indication that Gerrard is on his way out. Sarr has (supposedly) been a club target for a while now and it was widely reported last week that it was Gerrard's decision not to sign him...

Why? It could be the clearest signal the player has dropped wage demands and/or Watford have altered the deal structure

• Like 2

The season is a right off so unless we are signing a right player at the right age for the next few seasons there is no point signing anyone.

The season will be a just stay up season, and a competent manager should be able to do that with this squad.

So sack the manager.

Get someone in who isn't a complete moron.

Keep your powder dry until next season.

£12m for Dendonkey. Bednarek. Dawson.

Why. Just bring Hause back if that's the **** case

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Id be happy with sarr.

He is quick and has a engine.

But the biggets issue is cm and cb!

Get a cb in loan a cm and sarr and that im happy with

Dendoncker, Sarr and Dawson would be good final day with Guilbert, Sanson and Archer leaving (sale and 2 loans). 

1 hour ago, tomsky_11 said:

I’d assume we’d not be looking at him for passing volume but probably a dual cb/dm option who’s pretty safe with the ball when he does have it and with a decent range judging by his pass completion % that you’ve omitted, around 87% overall, 92% medium range and 84% long range.

Omitted stats, of which there are plenty, would suggest he’s a reasonable goal threat and pretty defensively solid, as well as possessing a decent passing range. 

I haven't "omitted" anything as a means of being disingenuous, for one there's a limited file size that you can upload and two the point is that it has become increasingly apparent that playing two midfielders in McGinn and Ramsey who make strikingly few passes per game means we frequently struggle to wield any kind of control over games or meaningfully look after the ball. I just included the numbers reflective of this and don't really think some hand-picked good % numbers with the extremely few passes he makes per game proves otherwise (especially considering in cases such as long passes he's in the bottom 6% of even attempting them per game, which isn't the greatest sample size).

It's quite widely accepted that a new midfielder coming in should ideally be one with the skillset to address this issue, and Dendoncker wouldn't be that (if this interest in him is even true). If you disagree then fair enough, but with our current set-up I don't see him making the difference that we desperately need a new midfielder to. He's a fine player but he doesn't offer what we're sorely lacking in midfield, unless we're suddenly going to change to a 4-2-3-1 where he'd be able to slot in as the less ball-playing of the two alongside Kamara, but I'd be surprised to see that turn out to be the case.

So douglas luiz who is apparently not good enough for us and finds himself on the bench most days is wanted by atletico and liverpool 🫤 

wonder who is interested in our weekly starter super John Mcginn 🤔must be real madrid and bayern Munich of course 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Dendoncker, Sarr and Dawson would be good final day with Guilbert, Sanson and Archer leaving (sale and 2 loans). 

Strange! That’s not how I’d put it

Edited by nick76

Just now, RicRic said:

So douglas luiz who is apparently not good enough for us and finds himself on the bench most days is wanted by atletico and liverpool 🫤 

wonder who is interested in our weekly starter super John Mcginn 🤔must be real madrid and bayern Munich of course 

And Arsenal and Sky saying Chelsea interest too. If more than one of those 4 clubs are genuinely interested we will get decent offer in and I think it would be very hard to keep him.

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

And Arsenal and Sky saying Chelsea interest too. If more than one of those 4 clubs are genuinely interested we will get decent offer in and I think it would be very hard to keep him.

Or it's all his agent trying to get Villa to offer a better contract.