Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

I wouldn't be giving Gerrard anymore money. See what happens in the next 4-6 games. It appears the more he spends the worse we get. 

Depends who we can bring in.

Hypothetically, if it's someone like Tielemans (highly unlikely), then that is a top player that will only benefit the squad long term.

If Gerrard is going to bring in one of his "tried and tested" players on one last expensive contract, then he can **** right off.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

I wouldn't be giving Gerrard anymore money. See what happens in the next 4-6 games. It appears the more he spends the worse we get. 

I would but it will be his payoff :P 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Jason Denayer, Centre Back, is a free agent with Wolves and Leicester interested.  No ideas if he’s any good though?

Had a solid season at lyon - seems pretty low risk signing where we need cover to me. 

Why pay a fee for diallo, dawson might be worth it for the PL exp.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John said:

At some point we need to stop "going again" and I think NSWE need to back the club by making the loan/permanent signings we need now, rather than to let things stagnate until next year, it could be quite messy by then. 

I know, I was being a bit ironic...

Just a tad bewildered by all this.

• Like 1

Just now, string28 said:

1 or two maybe. 2 or 3 out wonder who the 2 or 3 out (archer, tim and fred)?

outs prob Buendia, Bailey & Luiz.

Cus Villa dont need no good players.

We are a strong, independent club who dont need no Premier League.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

outs prob Buendia, Bailey & Luiz.

Cus Villa dont need no good players.

We are a strong, independent club who dont need no Premier League.

If the board sanctioned that and let them go, and we bought in Dawson and another 30+ jobber then we deserve to get relegated.

• Shocked 1

14 minutes ago, string28 said:

1 or two maybe. 2 or 3 out wonder who the 2 or 3 out (archer, tim and fred)?

Guilbert, Sanson and Marv would be my guesses for the 2 or 3 out. I am not counting El Ghazi as he has all but been confirmed as having already left. That would leave us with roughly 22 players according to the OS and room for a couple of incoming players.

I would like us to sign three players. A new CB maybe on loan as cover until Diego returns next year, a new top quality CM permanently, and a top quality forward who has pace, skill and an eye for goal who can play on his own or part of a two.

Edited by NeilS
typo

30 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

So Gerrard has said "one or two" in and hopefully 3 out.

Let's hope that there will be 2 coming in and the 3 outs don't include Bailey or Buendia.

I imagine that’s a reference to Anwar and perhaps some loans. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Well it’s just annoying isn’t it?

Yes, the Manager is struggling right now, struggling to find his best formation, personnel etc and in all likeliness I’d say he’s probably lost or is losing the dressing room.

It doesn’t mean everything about the club is shit. You say there’s no pathway for youth when we have Ramsey often in the starting XI with Archer and Iroegbanum on the bench, had Carney not pissed off he’d be included in that too I’m sure.

Archer can’t get a sniff nor Iroegbunam not even in the cup. Ramsey is now a rotation player. Gerrard in his first game Played Luiz, Mcginn and Nakamba had Luiz not got injured that game Ramsey probably wouldn’t have featured much. Dean Smith did the ground work on Ramsey , he inevitably exploded and had a good run of form under Gerrard after then he took all the credit. If Smith were still here I imagine Archer would be getting much more playing time. Gerrard has no desire to develop youngsters he prefers to bring in a left back from Sevilla to sit on the bench because he has “champions league experience” .