Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Strangely enough, I’d argue he was better then than he is now!

You're thinking wonder goal and flair days.

Seems we might have sucked some of the enjoyment out of football for him 🤣.

Hopefully he can get a chance to start expressing himself again soon.

9 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

Why would Gerrard be interested in a fourth striker who is only 5'10"? Why would he want to spend multi millions on adding another 'small' player to the squad?

30 plus crosses against Bournemouth to our 5'10" and 5'11" strikers who were bullied off the ball in the inevitable PL way.

But with £50m invested in Coutinho and Buendia surely the plan isn’t to spend the season firing crosses from the flanks to heads?

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Yup.

There's a hell of a lot of talk about our expectations being high, but the club are the ones driving it. Not quietly and subtly either. 

Sadly I think the club will be disappointed by the end of the season then. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Wrong. The club are demanding it. 

The club are saying it largely as part of PR and we all know how that goes, not sure I've seen them say "this season" though 

I'll happily admit if I'm completely wrong but I've not seen purslow or the owners say "we have to qualify for europe this season" 

Take it all with a pinch of salt 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The club are saying it largely as part of PR and we all know how that goes, not sure I've seen them say "this season" though 

I'll happily admit if I'm completely wrong but I've not seen purslow or the owners say "we have to qualify for europe this season" 

Take it all with a pinch of salt 

They haven’t said it once. Gerrard said minimum expected is top half. That’s about it. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They haven’t said it once. Gerrard said minimum expected is top half. That’s about it. 

Both Purslow and Gerrard have talked about operating in the top half and pushing for Europe when asked about the ambitions for this season. 

Supporters aren’t thick, they remember these words and some of them hold the club to account over them. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Both Purslow and Gerrard have talked about operating in the top half and pushing for Europe when asked about the ambitions for this season. 

Supporters aren’t thick, they remember these words and some of them hold the club to account over them. 

Debatable ;)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

He couldnt get back into the Sampdoria team after he was injured most of last season, apparently his knee is **** long term

He suffered a serious thigh injury with the added issue of arthritis last season so hardly played for Sampdoria whose season collapsed mainly due to his unavailability according to a local hack.He passed his medical and has done his pre season so ready to go.I think this is a typical Brentford signing and I’m excited about this one.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

He suffered a serious thigh injury with the added issue of arthritis last season so hardly played for Sampdoria whose season collapsed mainly due to his unavailability according to a local hack.He passed his medical and has done his pre season so ready to go.I think this is a typical Brentford signing and I’m excited about this one.

I remember reading doesn't he suffer from arthritis?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, messi11 said:

Aston Villa's midfield on final day of the season 19/20 against West Ham where we finish 1 point from the drop. Here was our Midfield that day:

image.png.477d86f7e12f1b9a0bac1ffefcdcb007.png

Asif we still rocking Mcginn and Luiz🤣 Now Mcginn the club captain and undroppable. 

How come we've failed to improve our midfield? 

image.png

Didn't SG specifically say when giving McGinn the captain's armband, that it didn't make him undroppable? Mings was been dropped when captain and I'm sure John knows he runs the risk too. 

I do know that SG did say that we aimed to win all of our games, one league game down 37 to go.....;)