Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If we were ever to sell Mings, this window is probably the best in terms of value.

But would probably make it the worst in terms of morale... Lol

Then again last season was worse morale wise losing Jack to be fair.

Coupled with the last performance though it's quite close.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

But would probably make it the worst in terms of morale... Lol

Then again last season was worse morale wise losing Jack to be fair.

Coupled with the last performance though it's quite close.

Mings seems like a great organiser the way he barks instructions but I don’t know how popular he actually is with other players. Remember the El Ghazi incident and I’m sure there have been others. 

What I do love about Mings is how he wins nearly everything that’s put in his direction in the box. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bose said:

Furious if he leaves and for a rival 

It’s not the best if he is going to the competition but I feel when you have older players who aren’t the very top of the tree it is best to sell for good fees and try again.

I feel the same about McGinn whereas I don’t feel that about Digne for example.

I wouldn’t have brought Carlos for the same reason, and I was VERY on the fence over Coutinho. Ings I felt just didn’t fit us.

I really buy into the line of it’s a good time to sell a player.

53 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not as furious as their fans will be.

which would make it even more sad if mings were to leave...that whomever he signs for wouldn't realise how good a player they're getting

12 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

which would make it even more sad if mings were to leave...that whomever he signs for wouldn't realise how good a player they're getting

Well he isn’t better than what they have so he’ll have to fight for his place there the same way he is fighting for here.

edit: actually I take that back. Why was Ben Johnson playing centre half on Sunday ? 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Any risk we're presented with an opposite kind of issue where a few players signed off the back of Gerrard's reputation might get disillusioned if he gets the boot quite quickly this season? Assume it might depend on who we replaced him with. 

9 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Any risk we're presented with an opposite kind of issue where a few players signed off the back of Gerrard's reputation might get disillusioned if he gets the boot quite quickly this season? Assume it might depend on who we replaced him with. 

I dont think so, I think it was a bit of a myth personally. Only one I can see being worried is Coutinho but he has become friends with Emi who I think with Mings runs the dressing room