Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

53 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Hating gay people is not an equally valid viewpoint as not hating gay people, ffs. It's 2022. 

If the last 15 years of British broadcasting are anything to go by though, you need to invite a homophobe to speak on gay rights issues for "balance". Just like they do with racism, won't be long till they start getting pedophiles on when talking about his royal highness prince andrew....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

If the last 15 years of British broadcasting are anything to go by though, you need to invite a homophobe to speak on gay rights issues for "balance". Just like they do with racism, won't be long till they start getting pedophiles on when talking about his royal highness prince andrew....

If they're talking about him on the BBC it's highly likely it has been discussed by a peadophile in fairness...

5 hours ago, burchy said:

Thinking about potential strikers that would improve us. Lautaro Martinez (24) would be nice but probably cost about 80-90m. Patrick Schick (26) another option, would be cheaper I guess and looks a right unit up front (clinical too)  

I also quite like the look of Evanilson (22) at Porto.

Another others?

Gouiri at Nice is more of a wide forward if we went down that route, Malen at Dortmund is the same. Perhaps supporting Coutinho out wide. Gouiri/Malen l, Watkins and Bailey might be tasty

Not convinced with the likes of Osimhen, Danjuma, Cunha

Raul De Tomas, Espanyol. 3th best goalscorer in La Liga, left out og the pre season squad. We have many spanish speaking players. Buy out is $70m, but will leave for less. 

I think we finish 10th this year if we are done in the window with us only changing two primary positions with kamara and carlos, shame as i think we have a real opportunity to push for top 7 if we added a third marquee signing in the centre of midfield 

7 minutes ago, villa82 said:

Raul De Tomas, Espanyol. 3th best goalscorer in La Liga, left out og the pre season squad. We have many spanish speaking players. Buy out is $70m, but will leave for less. 

Off to Bayern apparently for 58 million

The rainbow laces or Pride colours on kits is about standing against homophobia, biphobia and transphobia. It doesn’t “promote” anything. Anyone who wouldn’t get behind that must be questioned, especially if they are happy wearing gambling or alcohol sponsors - things that actively ruin lives, kill people etc etc. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The rainbow laces or Pride colours on kits is about standing against homophobia, biphobia and transphobia. It doesn’t “promote” anything. Anyone who wouldn’t get behind that must be questioned, especially if they are happy wearing gambling or alcohol sponsors - things that actively ruin lives, kill people etc etc. 

Questioning someones views or opening a discussion around the wider issues are all good responses.

Dismissing someone as a homophobe who hates gay people is less so.

29 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I had a bit of a dig around and it seems like he is a conservative Christian and it is alleged he did not want to be seen ‘promoting homosexuality’.

I consider myself a progressive atheist and would probably disagree with Gueye on a whole range of things if we sat down in a pub together for a chat. 

However, if he quietly decides he doesn’t want to take part in something because of his own beliefs whilst not criticising anyone who does take part or make any actual comment about gay people then I think that’s his business. We should all be able to ‘live and let live’.

This. A million %. 

31 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Questioning someones views or opening a discussion around the wider issues are all good responses.

Dismissing someone as a homophobe who hates gay people is less so.

This is my issue, and it goes for ALL issues these days, even simple issues about our own team and club.

There is no nuance or in between stance possible, you're either THIS, or THAT. Ffs

As an example.... a player could possibly face massive backlash within their own country and religious community , regardless of what their personal stance might be. To the point of expulsion, death threats etc. I find that people are very selfish in their own " good fight " and don't realise they are alienating other cultures and communities within the same process.

That's just an example.

I personally wouldn't be galavanting around Jamaica in a Pride shirt either ffs, for a multitude of reasons.

Does that mean I'm homophobic?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

I don't think we're done yet.

Gerrard has identified the CM position as a weakness and I'm sure he's trying to turn that weakness into a strength.

Gallagher would be SG's favourite (imo) as I think he sees a young version of himself in CG. Tuchel is very unlikely to let him go unless TT gets his way and signs two or three top names between now and the end of the transfer window.

I've also been looking at Southampton's expenditure this transfer window which seems to be 60 million plus. Their income from sales is non existent and they appear to be a club stretching their liquidity. I wonder whether we may finally put in a really tempting bid for James Ward Prowse? 

He would be a great leader on the pitch both verbally and by example. At 27 he's in his absolute prime and will cover more ground in 90 minutes than any of our players including Ollie. He would also be a nailed on captain choice should JM struggle at any point.

It's great that we're putting a load of money into a stadium upgrade, but we must also spend whatever it takes to complete our first team as soon as we possibly can. However, we may have to play a waiting game until the January transfer window if we are interested in the two players I've mentioned.

The only reason for not signing a top CM will be if we can't get a real quality player and his club to do a deal with us, as has happened in the past. If that turns out to be the case then Gerrard is professional enough to wait, rather than go to a plan B or C signing as we have done to our detriment on a number of previous occasions.

Edited by villabromsgrove
spelling
  • Like 1

Gerrard says two weeks ago that he is looking to further improve the midfield (a midfield in which McGinn is included).

Two weeks later McGinn becomes Captain and suddenly that completely changes things--we are done!

Make it make sense. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1