Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

I get the feeling AEG and Guilbert will just go out for Loan fee's and salary covered for the final year of their respective contracts. 

Hause loan to get game time before a sale is a good move. 

I'd keep Bert and Sanson around unless we signed a new 8 or forward to replace them

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I get the feeling AEG and Guilbert will just go out for Loan fee's and salary covered for the final year of their respective contracts. 

I'd keep Bert and Sanson around unless we signed a new 8 or forward to replace them

That would be alright with me. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Problem with doing that for Bert and Sanson means that in 12 months time they're in the AEG and Guilbert bucket where we can't sell them, and won't get any money for them.

Sanson may have 18 months left but principle is similar. 

We need to move away from losing players for nothing,  and if it means selling them when they have 2 years left,  then we have to do that.  We can't hang on to people we don't deem to be good enough, we either need to be convinced enough to extend their contract and to pay then or sell them while there's a market.

Looks like there isn't a market for them anyway as European clubs seem skint so guess its a moot point.

Edited by MrBlack

23 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Problem with doing that for Bert and Sanson means that in 12 months time they're in the AEG and Guilbert bucket where we can't sell them, and won't get any money for them.

We need to move away from losing players for nothing,  and if it means selling them when they have 2 years left,  then we have to do that.  We can't hang on to people we don't deem to be good enough, we either need to be convinced enough to extend their contract and to pay then or sell them while there's a market.

Looks like there isn't a market for them anyway as European clubs seem skint so guess its a moot point.

Sanson has 3 years left, Bert has 2. So next summer it's 2 and 1. Trez was loaned out in Jan and sold this summer so I can see something similar happening with Bert if he lacks game time

32 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

The issue we're running into is that nobody can pay standard Premier League wages outside of the Premier League except for the top top rich clubs (Bayern, PSG, Barca/Madrid/Athletico, & maybe a few Italian clubs).  Players that aren't good enough for us won't have clubs lining up to pay them the same/more than we are plus pay us a fee on top of it.  Unless we're bargain bin shopping on signings, the only clubs who will actually allow us to turn a profit on our players are the ones with more money than we do, and we're down to a dozen clubs in the world who fall into this category.  Players also know the power they have too, where they are more than happy to be a bit part player and run down their contracts, picking up more money than they would anywhere else in the process.  Ask yourself if you'd do your current job for x4-x5 the salary you'd get somewhere else, or would leave for significantly less money, just because you're bored.  You'd be crazy to assume things are different for footballers.  

• Like 1

Looks like stevie G doesn’t see it the way the majority of us do in this chat as the player that should be next in line to be benched has just been named captain 🤷🏾‍♂️ So it looks like he would favour ramsey over mcginn no matter if ramsey outshines ginny on most match days

Poch are you free to talk mate 👀😂

• Like 1

Unless someone like Laimer or Sangare become realistic purchases I can’t see us splashing the cash for the sake of it.

Money spent now will be on quality players that are better than what we’ve already got. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Unless someone like Laimer or Sangare become realistic purchases I can’t see us splashing the cash for the sake of it.

Money spent now will be on quality players that are better than what we’ve already got. 

No point in buying them as McGinn is a guaranteed starter now and it’ll be ramsey to be dropped  

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Looks like stevie G doesn’t see it the way the majority of us do in this chat as the player that should be next in line to be benched has just been named captain 🤷🏾‍♂️ So it looks like he would favour ramsey over mcginn no matter if ramsey outshines ginny on most match days

Poch are you free to talk mate 👀😂

I don't get the dislike for SJM. I think he is up there as one of our better players. He has had his off days, as most players do, but an element of that is down to the role is he was being asked to undertake at times. I am excited to see what he can do this season with the freedom that Kamara will give him and the better options - a settled Coutinho, second season Emi and a fit Bailey - in front of/alongside him.

Equally, i do think he has better captain characteristics than Mings.

And captaincy does not guarantee game time. E.g. Henderson does not start every game for Liverpool and Citeh rotated the arm band last season.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Will the lack of a new striker to strengthen our powder puff attack come back to bite Gerrard on the arse?

Not as much as not strengthening the midfield sufficiently.