Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They’ve done what looks like good business so far.  

Their signings are decent but they are struggling against selling their best players. Reminds me of us in the days Benteke etc were leaving and even if our recruitment was ok they weren’t as good as the players they were replacing. Think Leeds will be down this season.

27 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Interesting. I assumed Young re-signing meant we wouldn't target any more defenders.

If we do sign a LB I assume Guilbert will be sold, KKH will go on loan with Young and Chambers to cover RB.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Interesting. I assumed Young re-signing meant we wouldn't target any more defenders.

If we do sign a LB I assume Guilbert will be sold, KKH will go on loan with Young and Chambers to cover RB.

Yeah Young to cover RB I feel. Chambers too possibly. 

I am not ITK, or anything of the sort, but even I could see about 10 days ago that we would try to get a back-up Left Back in before the flight to Australia.

I thought Cucurella would be resolved by now, but it's not. But we have seen movement in the LB market with Malacia and Hickey.

When are they expected to fly out, is it Monday? Doesn't leave too long to resolve potential VISA issues (although I think EU citizens don't need a visa to enter Australia... might be wrong!)

29 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I’m completely against the idea chambers can cover RB, no way can he do the job we ask of cash or Digne. If cash gets injured and we’re relying on chambers to cover then it compromises how we like to play 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Have none of our resident  VT Transfer/Financial experts told SG that we are done ffs?

Imagine how devastated the poor man will be when he finds out!

Don't be sarcastic. We are done! 

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I’m completely against the idea chambers can cover RB, no way can he do the job we ask of cash or Digne. If cash gets injured and we’re relying on chambers to cover then it compromises how we like to play 

I don't necessarily think it's the best idea, just the most likely as I can't see us selling a CB. I certainly don't think we're going to go into the season with 5 CBs and 5 FBs.

I also don't think titanium man Matty Cash with Young as backup would see Chambers needed to play there outside of a nothing league cup tie or two at the most. I actually thought Konsa did a surprisingly good job there when he covered a few years ago.

6 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

No but Young could offer what we want. He obviously wouldn't be as dynamic as Cash, but he could definitely provide the width that we want, and the crossing. Plus if he were back up right back then he wouldn't need to keep cutting inside to cross like he does from the left, he could actually just hold the width and provide the deliveries on his stronger foot. Get a back up left back in and Young would realistically allow us to sell Guilbert and loan KKH without needing to worry about the likes of Chambers or Konsa having to play full back.

44 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Fingers crossed for a nice long injury for Cash then!

16 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

In the Smith system chambers or konsa can cover the RB position effectively but in this Gerrard system they would be completely be out of their depth

Edited by pete101

41 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'm sure that Bert said something like he didn't know how long he would be back with us for, when on the way back to us this summer. I get the feeling that he's another player that we signed, who would rather be somewhere else, in his case preferably Strasbourg and that SG will therefore want to ship out. Whether anyone will give us any money for him and whether we bring someone in, who is happy with a role on our bench, is open to question.   

• Like 1