Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, Xela said:

We have brought in more players. What we don't need is a full rebuild every summer. Especially when players like Bailey haven't really started their careers with us yet. 

I'm still hoping we sign Suarez though ;) 

Of course we dont and I was never in favour of it but I think people were expecting a lot more signings from his comments after losses last season when rebuilds were talked about most weeks

**** Suarez though 😛 

3 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Funny this pops up straight after the Fabrizio report

He could be a bit more interesting as a LB but also utility player, we can play him as a 3 or an 11, I'm sure he's also played a bit of 10 as a youngster 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Don't you want our still relatively new manager to get hold of the players he's already got, implement his shape and style and then integrate some of the great youngsters we have coming through? 

I want to see a managerial step up in quality next season, that's one of the biggest things for me, Gerrard needs to show why he's here and that's not just this Gerrard transfer draw he supposedly has 

Yes I want to see that and in an ideal world that would be the way forward. @Jas10 above has posted really well.

If we could have a couple more high quality players come in, the youth integrated at times and a manager improvement would be great.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He could be a bit more interesting as a LB but also utility player, we can play him as a 3 or an 11, I'm sure he's also played a bit of 10 as a youngster 

I think out of the LB links I’ve found him the most interesting if I’m honest, I think he fits our style well and like you said he’s quite versatile which could help depending on who we play

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

A proper baller. A few years ago was one of the highest rated teenagers  in the world .

22 assists in the last 2 seasons 

He'll look ace on our bench. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Don't you want our still relatively new manager to get hold of the players he's already got, implement his shape and style and then integrate some of the great youngsters we have coming through? 

I want to see a managerial step up in quality next season, that's one of the biggest things for me, Gerrard needs to show why he's here and that's not just this Gerrard transfer draw he supposedly has 

I want that but I also think we also need better quality coming in.  

The difference between getting 7th place and a European spot, and 9th could just be that extra quality.  

That extra revenue could help us next season, attract better players for the future and try for top six in a couple years time.  

Risking that and sticking with what we have just to want to see Gerrard needing to prove himself I just don’t care.  I want the best we can do and that’s a combination of buying better players and Gerrard’s work with the team,

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Chelsea signing Sterling could potentially open up a move for Werner though. Whether that's a good thing or not it's up to you to decide. 

I'd take him on loan with an option to buy.

I’d take him but no way does Sterling signing  relate to us getting Werner 

31 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

A proper baller. A few years ago was one of the highest rated teenagers  in the world .

22 assists in the last 2 seasons 

In a different position he was highly rated as an attacking midfielder, working in Belgium I cannot imagine his defensive game has been tested at left back

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I want that but I also think we also need better quality coming in.  

The difference between getting 7th place and a European spot, and 9th could just be that extra quality.  

That extra revenue could help us next season, attract better players for the future and try for top six in a couple years time.  

Risking that and sticking with what we have just to want to see Gerrard needing to prove himself I just don’t care.  I want the best we can do and that’s a combination of buying better players and Gerrard’s work with the team,

I think the reality is that Gerrard will want to look at the younger players and see if they are ( in his opinion) good enough to displace a more senior player. I agree we need the best players we can possibly attract but i do not want that to be at the expense of our youth. 

If we had 7 central midfielders for instance and it looked like this below then i would not be totally unhappy 

McGinn .....Ramsey

Kamara.....Iroegbunam .... Nakamba

Luiz .........Chukwuemeka 

And then if we brought in a new midfielder to replace Luiz then even better if he was on his way out. 

Just now, Zatman said:

In a different position he was highly rated as an attacking midfielder, working in Belgium I cannot imagine his defensive game has been tested at left back

Could say similar about Cash when we signed him. 

1 minute ago, Dodgyknees said:

Could say similar about Cash when we signed him. 

Of course but I would say the Championship might be a better standard than the Belgian Pro League. Cash also had a dynamism to make up for any poor defensive positioning he had or still has not sure if Gomez is as dynamic

Just now, Zatman said:

Of course but I would say the Championship might be a better standard than the Belgian Pro League. Cash also had a dynamism to make up for any poor defensive positioning he had or still has not sure if Gomez is as dynamic

I think the quality is similar, it’s a league where Small Heath stay up so it’s definitely poor quality. I can’t say I know much about Gomez gut happy to learn.  

1 minute ago, Dodgyknees said:

I think the quality is similar, it’s a league where Small Heath stay up so it’s definitely poor quality. I can’t say I know much about Gomez gut happy to learn.  

I am still traumatised from our recent signings from the Belgian league in Samatta, Wes, Nakamba, Kalinic  :D 

40 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I think the reality is that Gerrard will want to look at the younger players and see if they are ( in his opinion) good enough to displace a more senior player. I agree we need the best players we can possibly attract but i do not want that to be at the expense of our youth. 

I could not give a shit whether the players come from youth or brought. I’d obviously prefer youth but I want the best team on the pitch we can muster.  

We’ve had too many false dawns with great youth players that expected to be first team players and never do.  

If the youth players are good enough they’ll come through anyway like Grealish and JJ have.

I don’t understand or agree with your last sentence, you don’t want to attract the best players we can attract in case it affects youth, so you didn’t want Kamara because it could’ve affected Timmy’s chances.  That makes no sense!

40 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

If we had 7 central midfielders for instance and it looked like this below then i would not be totally unhappy 

McGinn .....Ramsey

Kamara.....Iroegbunam .... Nakamba

Luiz .........Chukwuemeka 

And then if we brought in a new midfielder to replace Luiz then even better if he was on his way out. 

Well I’m glad the club are still looking to strengthen midfield because our midfield was at times poor last season and putting everything on Kamara’s shoulders is asking a lot.  Keep Luiz and buy another quality midfielder.

• Like 2

Just now, nick76 said:

I could not give a shit whether the players come from youth or brought. I’d obviously prefer youth but I want the best team on the pitch we can muster.  

We’ve had too many false dawns with great youth players that expected to be first team players and never do.  

If the youth players are good enough they’ll come through anyway like Grealish and JJ have.

I don’t understand or agree with your last sentence, you don’t want to attract the best players we can attract in case it affects youth, so you didn’t want Kamara because it could’ve affected Timmy’s chances.  That makes no sense!

Well I’m glad the club are still looking to strengthen midfield because our midfield was at times poor last season and putting everything on Kamara’s shoulders is asking a lot.  Keep Luiz and buy another quality midfielder.

Makes perfect sense sunshine. Tim is in the squad as he is just 19. In a perfect world to compete with Kamara and Nakamba for the DM slot. And i really do give a shit about bringing them through .  As it is the stated aim of the club . 

I really hope you are more patient at teatime .