Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

17 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

You're a good twitter scourer! Keep it up.

Romano obviously has no clue whatsoever who Gerrard does or doesn't like as a player.

Gallagher good player, but not worth the money we'd need to spend IMO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, striker said:

See my above post while Soucek was constantly mentioned by pundits as being a very good player in season 20-21. Last season he’s apparently had a major fall out with the manager which can happen.

Statistics can be very misleading as there are so many variables to each stat. We’ve all seen how moneyball systems can fall flat on it’s face!

I tend to judge players with my eyes and Soucek is the type of powerful physical midfield player Villa have been lacking.

That's strange as I see a powerful, but slow and cumbersome player that finishes well but passes poorly! Definitely not what we need.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah I saw the speculation was " rubbished" due to him being a " winger ".

However I then came across a couple of Podcasts, articles and breakdowns which actually make him seem more like a very versatile EMI Buendia.

Can play all across midfield /forward areas, tenacious, defensive pressure etc and technically good.

He's a bit of a midget though lol.

Sorry: " Little person "

Young and Downing were both good defensively in a 442, but I wouldn't have wanted them playing as 8's

5 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

That's strange as I see a powerful, but slow and cumbersome player that finishes well but passes poorly! Definitely not what we need.

This. His performances fell off a cliff once moyes started to transition to a more possession based approach.

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its a financially doped league yes but last time I checked no English teams won any of the 3 Euro trophies which is an indication of league strength 

Real Madrid has won 5 of the last 9 Champions Leagues...but has won the Spanish League in only 3 of those 9 years. In the old days, they wouldn't even have qualified for the CL to win it 5 times. They're a cup team; they get up for the big games but can't sustain it over a season. If they were playing in England, they'd have won a bunch of FA Cups but not many PLs.

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Seems Tottenham want Richarlison and Anhony Gordon.

Nightmare for Everton. I would imagine we were never interested in Richarlison and it’s Gabriel Barbosa that we are looking at if we are actually after a Brazilian striker.

Not always sure if it's more Taty's skills or disorganized defenses at times, but he does seem dangerous. He's very cool-headed.  He had 22 last year. But it's sounding like he may go to Leeds. I promise -- my last Castellanos post!    

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

I can see Gerrards idea clearly now..... It's to sign all the small players and have such a low centre of gravity that the opposition will have no clue how to get the ball off us with it being the equivalent of inbetween foot level & head level much of the time. So we head it about & win loads of hand balls.

teams.png