Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Either way, i'm more looking from a Business and Squad perspective.

For all we know, they could be holding up our decisions in the transfer market, as what we do might partially depend on what they decide, if you know what I mean.

While that might be true I dont think Chukwuemeka counts towards the registered squad. At end of the day football is moving towards a free agency system and we have taken advantage so would expect to be taken advantage of soon.

I think Luiz leaving or staying wouldnt have an impact on our transfers. We should be aiming for a midfielder anyway, if Luiz stays its another option at least unless its about money which our owners are rich it shouldnt be

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RicRic said:

Rodrigo De Paul 👀 if we ever were to get hold off him id be extremely content with our midfield 😆 him alongside ramsey and kamara to support defensively… now all we would need is to find our own Darwin Nunez  🤐 …. Would we pay £42 million for the lets say two peak seasons out of him though 

Would be tragedy and rock bottom if we signed him 

Edited by Follyfoot

47 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If you are villa, how do you feel about the likes of Luiz and Carney just leaving you in limbo, simply waiting for a better offer to come in?

However, if one doesn't come in, they are happy for you to give them nice signing on bonuses and higher salaries, until the next offer comes in.

It's a bit of a piss take if you think about it.

It's like your girlfriend reluctantly staying with you because the type of bloke she wants hasn't propositioned her yet.

I lean towards the camp of f*ck them off. ( Moreso for Luiz if i'm honest, i'm a bit more understanding of Carney's situation as a young player )

You're often just delaying the inevitable and suffering for an extended period if someone's heart isn't all in it.

What a load of crap...

Players don't look at clubs as someone they're in a relationship with, they're their employers...  WE as fans view the clubs we support as a lover, but players couldn't be bothered.  Anyone who as ever been a contract worker before will tell you that when their contract is coming to an end and they don't get a good enough offer to stay on as a permanent employee, they're going to shop around to try to get a better offer from the contract house or with someone else before settling on their future.  

Neither Dougie nor Carney are Villa supporters...  Why do we need to paint them as greedy/selfish or taking the piss because they're doing the exact same thing we would do if we worked for an employer we had no attachment to?

If they stay, awesome.  If they go, cool!  We'll make a lot of money off of them that we'll use to reinvest in someone else... and so it goes on and on and on.  

Fans want new signings but want the kids to get a chance as well. There has to be a summer where we only make a few signings if we are going to eventually blood some of the kids. Not saying it’s this summer but certainly feels like is could/should be the next summer window. 

Edited by WHY

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

What is a decent fee for chuk? 

Take bellingham out of the equation as he's on another planet but chuks the best English player at his age group 

Assuming he'd attract CL level PL and European clubs

How much would year older played less PL games Harvey Elliot cost for example? 

£10-20m? Plus bonuses and clauses? More? Who's paying that when they can wait another year and get him for "free"? 

I don't think it's as simple as he won't sign so just sell him and we'll be OK, we'd end up with the shitty end of the stick 

We dont want to be selling chuk whatsoever he needs to commit and as far as our focus is LB When it should be CM is frustrating too if that is the case however 

13 minutes ago, WHY said:

Fans want new signings but want the kids to get a chance as well. There has to be a summer where we only make a few signings if we are going to eventually blood some of the kids. Not saying it’s this summer but certainly feels like is could/should be the next summer window. 

I think it will be, tbh. The club are well aware that they have Archer, KKH, Chukwuemeka, A. Ramsey and Irroebugnam that will likely come through and be pushing in the next 18mths-2 years as first team players and then further out, you obviously have the likes of Feeney and whoever else we've signed. We have to build and build until some of these are ready to break through which I think is a bit early atm.

I think the long term plan has always been to spend for 4-6 years to become an established top half PL team (probably one pushing for Europe) with a view to the money spent on the academy reaping rewards in the years after. Unfortunately, every time we sign a dud like Bailey or Sanson (regardless of peoples individuals opinions) it really sets us back because we're stuck with a expensive player on big wages and it takes up a place in the squad.

Transfers are so, so important to get right and I'd say for the most part, we've been ok in the transfer market. Last Summer, we were poor however, and I think that will cost us moving forward. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

What is a decent fee for chuk? 

Take bellingham out of the equation as he's on another planet but chuks the best English player at his age group 

Assuming he'd attract CL level PL and European clubs

How much would year older played less PL games Harvey Elliot cost for example? 

£10-20m? Plus bonuses and clauses? More? Who's paying that when they can wait another year and get him for "free"? 

I don't think it's as simple as he won't sign so just sell him and we'll be OK, we'd end up with the shitty end of the stick 

I think he is just playing a waiting game....until he walks out.

so his mind is made up, there have been no whispers/rumours  of him wanting to stay.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I think he is just playing a waiting game....until he walks out.

so his mind is made up, there have been no whispers/rumours  of him wanting to stay.

Look at the quality of what is being written about him wanting to leave 

Shouldn't base anything off that 

52 minutes ago, KMitch said:

What a load of crap...

Players don't look at clubs as someone they're in a relationship with, they're their employers...  WE as fans view the clubs we support as a lover, but players couldn't be bothered.  Anyone who as ever been a contract worker before will tell you that when their contract is coming to an end and they don't get a good enough offer to stay on as a permanent employee, they're going to shop around to try to get a better offer from the contract house or with someone else before settling on their future.  

Neither Dougie nor Carney are Villa supporters...  Why do we need to paint them as greedy/selfish or taking the piss because they're doing the exact same thing we would do if we worked for an employer we had no attachment to?

If they stay, awesome.  If they go, cool!  We'll make a lot of money off of them that we'll use to reinvest in someone else... and so it goes on and on and on.  

Erm.... you realise that in this case. WE ( Fans ) represent the " Employer " yeah?

The " relationship " talk was just a quick tongue in cheek relatable reference.

Why do we need to paint them as greedy/selfish or taking the piss because they're doing the exact same thing we would do if we worked for an employer we had no attachment to?

We don't need to paint them as anything, but we are also well within our rights to sack them or sell them. Just as your employer would be within their rights to do if you were a contract worker.

Also, trying to equate the Football business to regular contract work is beyond a false narrative.

I'm not sure why it's so difficult to comprehend the concept of looking out from the clubs side or for the clubs benefit ffs, especially as Villa supporters.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

What a load of crap...

Not saying you are wrong.....but many good academy kids have not taken the route, you are suggesting.....sure its an individuals choice of what route he takes and that depends on their clout.

I think JV made some comments, many of us are comtemplating.

Was you trying to get the best out of JV with your opening gambit?....rude.

Edited by TRO

I've assumed Carney is gone since the news that they hadn't agreed to a new deal. These days, any player who doesn't agree to an extension and a raise before the final year of their deal is doing so because they plan to do what Boubacar Kamara did to get here. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

I've assumed Carney is gone since the news that they hadn't agreed to a new deal. These days, any player who doesn't agree to an extension and a raise before the final year of their deal is doing so because they plan to do what Boubacar Kamara did to get here. 

footsteps-going-round-circles-260nw-183095051.webp

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Controversial opinion but I'd happily take Timo Werner if Chelsea are selling.

Looks like it may be Juve thou 

I would as well.

Or Andi Weimann. Same player really. 

• Like 1

Luiz will need to be replaced.

Chuk will need to be replaced.

Sanson will need to be replaced.

We also need a LB and possibly a Striker

Possibly 5 incomings maybe  more with the 5 subs rule...I dont think we are done in this window by a country mile.

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If you are villa, how do you feel about the likes of Luiz and Carney just leaving you in limbo, simply waiting for a better offer to come in?

However, if one doesn't come in, they are happy for you to give them nice signing on bonuses and higher salaries, until the next offer comes in.

It's a bit of a piss take if you think about it.

It's like your girlfriend reluctantly staying with you because the type of bloke she wants hasn't propositioned her yet.

That's the majority women isn't it? 😜 

• Sad 1

Man city wow 👀 really glad its not us getting him 😂 Its crazy because he was invisible last season im aware of the injuries and so forth but to be spending that much on a player who come off of a season where they were not present is insane…. Leeds must be laughing alllllll the way to the bank 🏦