Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

36 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Ah man i kinda hate this chat. Konsa was excellent up to last year. We were collectively baffled why he wasn't getting a look in for England. I'd love to just get his form back on track rather than splash out on the next big thing (by all means insert a Kenneth Williams gif here)

True, but we also tend to massively overrate our players. ( Myself included )

When they aren't at 110 percent their more " true " ceiling tends to show and that's when things get iffy.

Don't know much about Collins but as I said earlier, based on what I've seen and read, he's already rated higher than Konsa, and is younger.

Constant improvement calls for some ruthless/unpopular opinions.

Truth be told, if it was down to some fans, Connor Hourihane would still be here.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Again, hope we try and sign Sangare.

Not interested in the likes of Gallagher and certainly not Oxlade-Chamberlain, we have Ramsey and McGinn to back him up. Plus Sanson, Luiz, Chuk (for now). Plenty of 8s or box to box players.

What we need is players who can pass the ball well and help retain it better, composure and physicality rather than an all out action approach. Gallagher’s passing statistics are not great either.

JJ is the one for us. McGinn can back him up or rotate as required and will be better for us if he gets to play further forwards. Can’t see us selling John even though I would not be averse to it.

We need composure and resilience in midfield, a nice solid base that will free up our attacking players and allow them to produce their best. Kamara and Sangare would be excellent.

Mings and Carlos behind them and we will have such a strong, resilient and dominant team imo.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Here we go!! The doctor is back!

They've completely ignored the fact they said Tony, or explain who he is,  and gone on to say in the replies that they were actually told the names of the two in question. Given they said we were due an announcement 3 days ago, I call...

spacer.png

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Will be two youth players, Rory Wilson and someone else.

Reuben McAllister?

Neither is likely enough to be excited about thou. Not in the short term anyway.

According to Sport Witness, Chilean newspaper La Tercera has said that we've offered a contract to Alexis Sanchez. They're saying that we've offered to match what he's getting at Inter and that we're in competition with Marseille, Barcelona, Athletico Madrid and Arsenal for his signature.

I've not really watched him for years, but his fbref stats look good and last season in Serie A he got five goals and two assists in under 900 mins, which isn't awful. At 33 though, he might struggle with a return to the Premier League.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I must admit, I’ve had to block that Faithful account. Very quick when it comes to things like transfers but largely posts absolute nonsense, especially when replying to players post with things like ‘King’ and ‘Love you x’.

I’ll stick to Villareport. And if I miss a few things, so be it. Delphinho’s a big boy. 

I did as well!

Absolute tool.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I must admit, I’ve had to block that Faithful account. Very quick when it comes to things like transfers but largely posts absolute nonsense, especially when replying to players post with things like ‘King’ and ‘Love you x’.

I’ll stick to Villareport. And if I miss a few things, so be it. Delphinho’s a big boy. 

I hate it. They talk like this in US sports Twitter etc. Lots of KING and FAM.

🙄

12 minutes ago, gaz90 said:

According to Sport Witness, Chilean newspaper La Tercera has said that we've offered a contract to Alexis Sanchez. They're saying that we've offered to match what he's getting at Inter and that we're in competition with Marseille, Barcelona, Athletico Madrid and Arsenal for his signature.

I've not really watched him for years, but his fbref stats look good and last season in Serie A he got five goals and two assists in under 900 mins, which isn't awful. At 33 though, he might struggle with a return to the Premier League.

Lots of links to aging forwards!

37 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Could do with something this week, this is too boring.

There's nothing like a footballless summer to make you realise you've actually not got a lot going on in your life.

I like the break. It makes the start of every new season that much more exciting. August 6 will be here before you know it.

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I like the break. It makes the start of every new season that much more exciting. August 6 will be here before you know it.

Nah the break sends people mad!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

No chance we sign another CB, imo. Mings, Carlos, Chambers and Konsa. 

For anyone who wonders why Gregg Evans gets grief, read this article today. 

He's promoted it all day on twitter stating how big a piece it is because it includes all players. 

I'm genuinely serious in that I could have written the exact same with no contacts or inside sources. 

How he's paid to write about us in one of the biggest sports journalism companies is beyond me. He's hit the jackpot. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, gaz90 said:

I would probably take Dzeko though on a one year deal as Inter seem to want him out as Lukaku is coming back

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

For anyone who wonders why Gregg Evans gets grief, read this article today. 

He's promoted it all day on twitter stating how big a piece it is because it includes all players. 

I'm genuinely serious in that I could have written the exact same with no contacts or inside sources. 

How he's paid to write about us in one of the biggest sports journalism companies is beyond me. He's hit the jackpot. 

It’s baffling, it really is.