Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

20 minutes ago, RicRic said:

They literally just announced it on SSN … well one of them needs to make way for a new striker watkins or ings take your pick as im not comfortable with the same front line going into next season ill have very little confidence for next season as far as goals produced and winning matches 😔

I think we’ll see better versions of both of them this season 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, RicRic said:

They literally just announced it on SSN … well one of them needs to make way for a new striker watkins or ings take your pick as im not comfortable with the same front line going into next season ill have very little confidence for next season as far as goals produced and winning matches 😔

I don't see, 11 players, I see 25.

Its all about options and players fighting for shirts.

There are no guaranteed places anymore, unless the player is pulling up trees.

• Like 1

All depends on whether we're going to play with two strikers or two tens. If we want to stick with two strikers, you could justify signing another without letting either of Watkins or Ings go.

But, for me that would be a costly waste of money, given that we could :

a) lose almost all of Ings' resale value by keeping him when we'll rotate him,  especially if his form doesn't pick up

b) play with two tens as an alternative to two strikers if we had an injury shortage (to either of the strikers)

And c) won't have enough game time (due to our continued poor cup runs and no European football) to keep a new signing happy that is rotating with 2 other strikers.

I'd rather we kept what we have, and played both Buendia and Coutinho, but even if we do stick with two strikers, I'm quite happy with Archer as back up and the potential to switch to a single forward if needed. 

All the above assumes we're selling Davis.

Have this fear that Buendia will end up on the bench while we either go with 2 attackers or do something daft like bring in the Ox. Hope we don't.

Still think the two 10's can work with some better instructions and a more solid midfield behind them. Coutinho & Buendia should be a great combination to build out offence around.

One thing with Ings is it seems like he's underachieving, but he might just have reverted to the mean, because his last couple of seasons with Soton some of the goals he was knocking in were more like quarter chances than half chances, like a score one in ten/15 of those but he was knocking in every one. That was never going to continue

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

If he walks out of Tuchel’s office looking miffed, Gerrad and Lange who happen to be hiding in the bushes outside will follow him home, and convince him Of the project.

I like the idea of "The Project" being some kind of Simpsons Movementarian-esque thing. "All hail The Project". 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

One thing with Ings is it seems like he's underachieving, but he might just have reverted to the mean, because his last couple of seasons with Soton some of the goals he was knocking in were more like quarter chances than half chances, like a score one in ten/15 of those but he was knocking in every one. That was never going to continue

I’m of the belief that Ings and others will massively benefit from a full preseason with Gerrard and Critchley. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

All depends on whether we're going to play with two strikers or two tens.

Why not both? As options I mean. For that you need 4 players who can play #10 and at least 3 frontline strikers.

• Like 1