Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

14 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Just speaking hypothetically how many CL clubs would be in a position to buy Richarlison? 

Difficult to think of many outside of PL who would have the finances available to buy him. Are Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool or City going to buy him? 

So if he wants to leave Everton for a new challenge after 4/5 yrs he’ll probably have to pick the project he believes in most. 

I would say the only club in PL who could possibly want him and afford him is Man U but they cant offer him CL football just yet. 

1 hour ago, Blue Scouse said:

Buying players from CL clubs like the 3 you mentioned is how we are in the situation were in, one big fat payday that's all, i may be wrong but yous seem to be going down the road we went down. You will have ageing players on big money with no resale value.

Gerrard is buying for the here and now, if it pays off then great if he doesnt it could leaves yous in a right mess

Kamara is 22 and he was free. He could already be worth about £40m.

Carlos will probably play until 37 like Thiago Silva. Has resale value.

Coutinho is an expected loss, but we might not have got the above players in without the pull of him already being here. Might also convince Luiz to stay - if he signs a new contract that's essentially +£20m on his valuation instantly.

Digne was a big outlay but we'll get almost as much for Targett and with a big improvement, albeit with an older player.

I would guess that, apart from a backup GK, the rest of our signings will be 22-26 year olds.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Blue Scouse said:

I would say the only club in PL who could possibly want him and afford him is Man U but they cant offer him CL football just yet. 

Newton Heath won't think that he's good enough for them and if your player has any sense, he wouldn't want to join a club that are nowhere near what they once were. As has been said, I doubt we really are after Richarlison, we may have made a quick enquiry, as clubs do about many players at this time of year, but I think it is most likely just click-bait, so don't worry about it. Good luck for next season (except against us), nice that we will still be playing each other in the most played league game in 22/23 and "mind the gap";).

Just now, sidcow said:

The other point is that after next season Las Vegas Villains will be around to take our older players if they're not performing to PL standards.  This could be key to strategy when looking at older players. 

Merely getting wages off books is often the key. 

Was actually going to say that as well but I forgot, thanks.

I still say 29 is not an issue anyway.  Most players keep going to a high standard in their early 30s now. As long as the FFP planning takes into account lack of transfer fees for them. 

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

Buendia, Konsa, Luiz, Cash and Bailey are all under 25. Ollie Watkins is 26.

Kamara is 22, Ramsay is 21 and Chukwuemeka is 18. Lucas Digne is hardly on his last legs, and Coutinho (not yet 30) was picked up for 17m and a significant wage cut. Quite the opposite of an ageing squad, in fact we needed more experience in what was one of the youngest squads in the league.

From comments I got on the forum they seem to think Ashley Young (free transfer 1 year contract) and links to Suarez is bona fide evidence we're pissing away fortunes on Geriatric players.  Funny how a concept can become established in a group psyche which is a complete misrepresentation. 

I think it's because they had such bad experiences I the past they're desperate for someone else to follow the same line. Like that (Leeds?) fan who was on here saying what a disaster NSWE would be after Xia. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blue Scouse said:

Haha take us seriously! And yet some Villa fans think they have a chance of signing Richarlison.

Honestly and i mean no disrespect here why would Richarlison leave Everton for Villa? The fact is he wont in the same way Watkins wouldn't leave Villa for Everton.

Its clear for everyone to see he loves the club he is at but he wants to win things and play in the CL. He will only move from us to a club who's in a position to offer him that immediately and that's not Villa. 

You might make an offer the club accept but the player would refuse as he still has 2 years left on his contract.

Loves the club, sure he does mate 😂

Don't really care about Richarlison signing or not to be honest. It's about the least exciting link this summer so far, and a very tenuous one at that. But the very thought of the transfer is making you guys froth at the mouth which is very funny.

We've signed and convinced important players who were already playing CL football this season so no disrespect, but convincing Richarlison to come wouldn't exactly be beyond the realm of possibility.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I still say 29 is not an issue anyway.  Most players keep going to a high standard in their early 30s now. As long as the FFP planning takes into account lack of transfer fees for them. 

Modern footballers aren't dead at 30. 33 is the new 29. 

10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Daniel Sturridge is available. Surely now is the time to finally sign him? He’s over 30 and ex-Liverpool. The stars are aligning.

Have we sorted out Olsen? What's Jerzy Dudek up to these days?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blue Scouse said:

Buying players from CL clubs like the 3 you mentioned is how we are in the situation were in, one big fat payday that's all, i may be wrong but yous seem to be going down the road we went down. You will have ageing players on big money with no resale value.

Gerrard is buying for the here and now, if it pays off then great if he doesnt it could leaves yous in a right mess

It would be an issue if we were only bringing in more experienced players right across the board. Thankfully, we’ve seemingly gone for a blend of experienced players (Ings, Coutinho, Carlos, Digne), talented players who aren’t at their peak (Buendia, Bailey, Kamara) and also talented youth players (Iroegbunam, Feeney, Smith, Kellyman, Thorndike etc).

I have no idea why Everton fans are suddenly so bitter about it, but there we go. 

• Like 2

We are a long way off of “doing an Everton” 

however, we have made changes in our profile of players we are signing. We have gone from younger signings with potential to now adding in some ready made players. But this change isn’t risking the stability of the club… we’ve been cute with our older signings… Coutinho, we got a massive discount, fee and wages. Digne, was a cheap buy, and the wages are reflection of his status in world football. Carlos, was a cheap buy on wages that are 100k a week. That’s  good value for a defender that helped his team get CL football … he’s cheaper than our other option, Tarkowski who wants 120k a week for the pedigree of helping his team get relegated. All these players are 29 tops.. it’s not an ideal age for the sake of resale … but its an ideal age to get the most out of them. This could help us in the next 3/4 years to move away from the midtable group of teams to being a euro contender. If that is successful, our younger players will be peaking and ready to take over to push us up further in the table… hopefully. 

As long as we are still making top younger signings like Boubs, then I’m happy. However, if we sign Suarez, I’d be totally meh about… he’s done at this level, we don’t need that crap 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, parisvilla said:

So the following information is through an industry colleague who was with Gerrard within the past week and comes direct from him!........

+ We still want an '8'. There's a deal in place for Yves Bissouma – both clubs happy to do pull the trigger for 30m. BUT the player has stopped communicating with either side so there may be new interest from other clubs he is working through with agents.

+ If we were to sign Bissouma, Douglas Luiz would be sold. Gerrard thinks he slows us down too much.

+ One of the reasons Diego Carlos was prioritised is his abilty to play on either side of the centre back partnership. Therefore pressure on both Mings and Konsa simultaneously. Both know the shirt is theirs if their form is better than the other.

+ Luis Suarez's knee is in bad way - very unlikely we persue that.

+ Wants to give Bailey year 2. Doesn’t fancy Traore – says he’s amazing in training then cocks everything up when he gets on the pitch.

+ Keinan Davis will be sold as long as Forest don't play silly buggers regarding the fee. Cameron Archer and Tim Ireogbunam will get loans to Championship clubs.

I’m liking the sounds of this. if true, It’s looking like a healthy plan of action. 

also not surprised with the Bissouma thing, it’s somewhat clear he’s holding out for a CL team to come in for him. 

and thank god for Suarez's knee 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886yrpp6snq5kqfbkw8lp

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, parisvilla said:

So the following information is through an industry colleague who was with Gerrard within the past week and comes direct from him!........

+ We still want an '8'. There's a deal in place for Yves Bissouma – both clubs happy to do pull the trigger for 30m. BUT the player has stopped communicating with either side so there may be new interest from other clubs he is working through with agents.

+ If we were to sign Bissouma, Douglas Luiz would be sold. Gerrard thinks he slows us down too much.

+ One of the reasons Diego Carlos was prioritised is his abilty to play on either side of the centre back partnership. Therefore pressure on both Mings and Konsa simultaneously. Both know the shirt is theirs if their form is better than the other.

+ Luis Suarez's knee is in bad way - very unlikely we persue that.

+ Wants to give Bailey year 2. Doesn’t fancy Traore – says he’s amazing in training then cocks everything up when he gets on the pitch.

+ Keinan Davis will be sold as long as Forest don't play silly buggers regarding the fee. Cameron Archer and Tim Ireogbunam will get loans to Championship clubs.

I think Bissouma will go elsewhere so I hope that there are alternatives in mind/being worked on as I think we need to upgrade on Luiz. 

Like the logic re Carlos and good news re Suarez.

Would like this ITK to tell us some potential incoming names we haven’t already discussed.